PDA

View Full Version : bank holidays?????

adele1985
29-05-2011, 05:40 PM
Just woundering how you all deal with bank holidays do you still charge full price?half price? or not at all?

I charge half price and im normally closed on bank holidays but if my parents need me to work i will work for £8ph (does that sound fair to you)

Also woundering about christmas holidays???

I work right up until chritmas eve then re open the first day thats not a bank holiday after the new year - do i charge parents for this or not???

Any help would be appriciated although if i dont get any more children this wont be a probelm anyway as my only child starts school in september lol :-S

tulip0803
29-05-2011, 06:38 PM
I charge full fee if parents do not need me on a bank holiday and if they do I charge just under double time. Had 2 mindees last bank holiday and 1 tomorrow. I used to work shifts so know how hard it can be if you have to work when your childcare doesn't.

I do not ever work Christmas day & Boxing Day so do not charge for these as I am not willing to work them. All other days are as above.

mushpea
29-05-2011, 06:38 PM
I am not prepared to work bank holidays so I dont charge for them as my policy is if the space is avablible you pay and if its not you dont so as its not avalable they dont pay,
as for christmas i ususaly work up to and including the 23rd decmber then go back the day the schools go back, again as i am not avalible i dont charge for this period. I used to work christmas eve but it got to hectic.
the £8 perh hour sounds ok to me,, I certainly wouldnt work for any less and if parents dont want to pay this then they will just have to find althernative care for that day,
I am sure you will get other mindees soon,, good luck

Playmate
29-05-2011, 07:11 PM
We charge full pay for bank holidays, but if they want us to workvthey pay £9 per hour (in 19 years knowone has ever wanted me to work :D ) We take the week off unpaid between Christmas and New Year.

Chimps Childminding
29-05-2011, 07:15 PM
I don't want to work bank holidays (even at an enhanced rate :blush: ) as I have worked them in the past and ended up with just one child and sometimes just for a few hours, so I would rather not charge and have the time off!

As for christmas, I usually work up till 22/23rd and then close until the schools go back. I did this when my boys were little so that they could have some time to play with their presents without having to put them all back up stairs away from mindees. However my sons are now almost 20 and 18 but I enjoy having some time off.

I am lucky that I know all my parents have grandparents or aunts/uncle who can help out if I am closed on bh/christmas ,(I currrently only have 2 mindees on a monday and neither parents work bank holidays so not a problem for me at present)

alwaysright
29-05-2011, 07:34 PM
hi, i dont work bank holidays but i charge for them, standard in our area, christmas if i work inbetween i again charge for all the bank holidays but if i have leave i charge half fees as i charge half fees for my holidays

miffy
29-05-2011, 09:11 PM
I charge in full for bank holidays if they fall on a contracted day - I don't work them :panic:

Miffy xx

tinynippers
30-05-2011, 07:15 AM
i'm willing to work bankhols so if they attend its double fee (8 euro's) but if they dont attend i only charge half fees (2 euro's) x

The Juggler
30-05-2011, 07:38 AM
i charge in full if they fall on a contracted day and triple fee if parents want me to work - except xmas day as I don't want to work that one.