PDA

View Full Version : EYFS free pack selling for £40.00

Louise0208
28-05-2011, 11:31 AM
:eek:

just been checking ebay for some resource packs/Cds/idea & have come accross the EYFS packs (that you need to become registered) being sold for silly money.

1 i have just looked at sold for nearly £40.....how come if they are available free?

im puzzled :blush:

Rubybubbles
28-05-2011, 11:33 AM
The EYFS pack is out of print:(

http://nationalstrategies.standards.dcsf.gov.uk/earlyyears has loads of information and also on here:D

tulip0803
28-05-2011, 11:35 AM
It is out of print but available on-line. Lots of pre-reg childminders are being told on their intro courses that they have to have a hard copy otherwise they cannot pass:rolleyes: :panic:

Rubybubbles
28-05-2011, 11:37 AM
It is out of print but available on-line. Lots of pre-reg childminders are being told on their intro courses that they have to have a hard copy otherwise they cannot pass:rolleyes: :panic:

thats shocking! is it the providers of the course that are selling them on ebay:idea: not that I am suspious at all lol!!

shame but yes the EYFS packs are like gold dust

Blaze
28-05-2011, 11:50 AM
I think it's just people ie ex childminders / childminders etc TBH I don't blame them (as long as they put on the listing that it can be downloaded for free)... that's a fair amount of money & lots are struggling at the moment.:(

Louise0208
28-05-2011, 12:34 PM
Wow...so thats even more expense that a new CM would have to pay out for :rolleyes:

when they were available for free mine took 4 months to arrive (2 days before pre-reg inspection so had to cram)

Pipsqueak
28-05-2011, 01:38 PM

hat is awful advice - of course you don't need a hard copy to be able to pass that is terrible:(

mumto3
28-05-2011, 02:15 PM
oh great, ive been tallying up everything i will need to pay for to start and its quite :eek: , hope i dont have to pay for this pack too

it is all online isnt it? im sure ive seen it somewhere posted on here through a link

Louise0208
28-05-2011, 02:21 PM
print it out :thumbsup:

will be a lot cheaper

Twinkle-Toes
28-05-2011, 02:46 PM
Send me a tenner and your address and i'll print it out for you lol

Seriously....might start advertising it on fleabay if it's a winner!!

miffy
28-05-2011, 04:02 PM
Lots of pre-reg childminders are being told on their intro courses that they have to have a hard copy otherwise they cannot pass:rolleyes: :panic:

Surely that's not true - how can they be expected to have a hard copy when it's out of print.

No wonder the packs are going for such large amounts.

Miffy xx

mumto3
28-05-2011, 04:23 PM
Ive just downloaded it in 4 parts and saved it in my documents, surely as long as u have the info it shouldnt matter whether its a hard copy or on comp, it can still be accessed the same altho looking through it i dont get how it helps link up to obs so im now confused AGAIN :rolleyes:

Louise0208
28-05-2011, 04:52 PM
to be honest i have never used it for the intention it was made for... apart from to look at before my pre-reg.

i have looked at it for extra help....but never got it :( :blush: i have used the world wide web & the good folks on here to help explain it better in more understandable terms.

mumto3
28-05-2011, 05:22 PM
to be honest i have never used it for the intention it was made for... apart from to look at before my pre-reg.

i have looked at it for extra help....but never got it :( :blush: i have used the world wide web & the good folks on here to help explain it better in more understandable terms.

Im the same, even when i worked in the nursery i didnt get it but since doing lots of reading on here i think i understand it abit more but ive now looked through all that framework and its confused me and im bak not getting it :rolleyes: i think someone posted a link on here the other day with the selection of ages down one side and then the 6 areas along the top and the components in the table which relate to the development which can be used as the links to obs etc (not sure im explaining this well)

its soooo confusing :panic:

peach
31-05-2011, 02:10 PM
does anyone have the link for this to down load as mine got damaged and I was gonna try and find a cheap one to buy didnt know you could download it lol

georgie456
31-05-2011, 02:37 PM
If I was told I couldn't pass without a hard copy of a publication that is now out of print, I would take my laptop along to the course and use their electricity!!!!

What a ridiculous thing to tell people. It seems like new childminders are trying to be out off before they even start!!!

Bitsy Beans
31-05-2011, 03:15 PM
I didn't realise it was out of print! How come??

Shame on those councils saying you can't pass if you don't have a hard copy tsk tsk :(

mumto3
31-05-2011, 03:29 PM
If I am told that i cant pass coz i dont have a hard copy which isnt my fault i wont be happy seeing as i have to pay out £215 to do the course

my friend gave me a link of the pack to download in 4 seperate parts:

https://www.education.gov.uk/publications/standard/publicationdetail/page1/DCSF-00261-2008

i think thats right

rickysmiths
31-05-2011, 06:48 PM
I didn't realise it was out of print! How come??

Shame on those councils saying you can't pass if you don't have a hard copy tsk tsk :(

They let it run out last year when the EYFS Revue began. Trouble is it won't be implimented until at least 2012 which isn't very helpful for all you new childminders.

I would challenge anyone who syas you will fail your course because you haven't got a hard copy. Not very Inclusive practice either is it?