PDA

View Full Version : Anyone going to NCMA conference this year?

Beetlejuice
27-05-2011, 02:48 PM
I've just booked my place! NCMA offering 5% off if you book in the next month. Hoping we can all get together and have a forum table at the dinner dance again :D

Toothfairy
27-05-2011, 03:18 PM
I'm thinking about it, would like to go but need to think about the expence.

Polly2
27-05-2011, 03:46 PM
I am trying my best to get some funding :rolleyes:

Beetlejuice
27-05-2011, 09:53 PM
What's funding Polly?? Lol. We've never managed to get funding so have to find the money ourselves. Each year there are less and less of us locally who go to it - last year was just me and one friend and it's the same two of us this year. I really enjoy the whole experience of being away from home and the kids :blush: and also find it really motivating meeting other like-minded childminders.

I just need to find more work now to pay for all the stuff I buy when I'm there lol!!

Penny1959
28-05-2011, 06:40 AM
Me and Carol M are going :clapping:

No funding :(

Carol has booked the hotel and we are going to book conference places in the next week or so as soon as have money but def before 'early bird' discount ends. We are going on the Friday (taking day off) and really looking forward to it.

Penny :)

Penny1959
28-05-2011, 06:48 AM
What's funding Polly?? Lol. We've never managed to get funding so have to find the money ourselves. Each year there are less and less of us locally who go to it - last year was just me and one friend and it's the same two of us this year. I really enjoy the whole experience of being away from home and the kids :blush: and also find it really motivating meeting other like-minded childminders.

I just need to find more work now to pay for all the stuff I buy when I'm there lol!!

Same here :laughing:

Carol and I are driving up so have plenty of room to bring back stuff we buy - one year I made the mistake of going by train and really regretted it when trying to run with more bags than I could carry across station, over bridge to catch train that was about to leave.

Although this will be by 5th conference, this will first year that going as a childminder (well 2nd but first time I was part time childminder and part time NCMA staff and NOT ALLOWED to vote :mad: ) - other 3 times went as LA staff - fully funded and one of the few perks of my LA job)

Penny :)

christine e
28-05-2011, 07:14 AM
I'll be there

Cx

Rubybubbles
28-05-2011, 11:38 AM
I'll be there

Cx

did I see you in who minds ;) this month

Chatterbox Childcare
28-05-2011, 05:24 PM
I am going - npf member so only have hubby to pay for

looking forward to a weekend away

Playmate
28-05-2011, 08:19 PM
I am going - npf member so only have hubby to pay for

looking forward to a weekend away

Well done Debbie you kept that quiet ;) mind you, have to put up with my hubby more often now :laughing:

Mick filled out, paid and sent off my form this week, so yes we will be there :clapping: :clapping: He even said I can share his hotel room - what a nice man :laughing:

christine e
29-05-2011, 07:23 AM
did I see you in who minds ;) this month

:laughing: Yes that was me! Even managed to be in a group picture as well towards the back of the mag

Cx

ajs
29-05-2011, 07:03 PM
Yes I saw you Christine, great picture too