PDA

View Full Version : Ive decided

littlestar
27-05-2011, 01:38 PM
:) i have decided i would like to be a social worker i have wanted to do this for about 10 years but then with a young family the learning seemed tough i decided to do childminding to see if i like working with children and i do :) but im not satisfied as its not what i really want i just now have been on the internet all morning seeking advice and guidence and to be honest none the wiser of what to do from here on does anyone have any knowledge or helpful suggestions as for where to go from here i think this gonna be a tough long journey but well worth it. :clapping:

Pixie dust
27-05-2011, 01:45 PM
I think you have to enrol on a degree course as I have a friend who is doing that in September. Probably best if you look on some uni sites to see what you need.

Good luck it's an interesting job but I can imagine it being demanding and emotional at times.

AliceK
27-05-2011, 02:42 PM
:) i have decided i would like to be a social worker i have wanted to do this for about 10 years but then with a young family the learning seemed tough i decided to do childminding to see if i like working with children and i do :) but im not satisfied as its not what i really want i just now have been on the internet all morning seeking advice and guidence and to be honest none the wiser of what to do from here on does anyone have any knowledge or helpful suggestions as for where to go from here i think this gonna be a tough long journey but well worth it. :clapping:

I too have wanted to do this for many years but I think now that with having a young family it wouldn't be possible especially to do all the training etc and then the long hours that go with the job. I'll be too old by the time my children are old enough.
You go for it :thumbsup:

xxx

littlestar
27-05-2011, 02:49 PM
hi alicek i have looked into it and you can do part time course because you work with children already thats a good plus look into it we could give each other details i found a site
http://www.cwdcouncil.org.uk/social-work/becoming-a-social-worker/routes/where-to-study

hope this helps and your never to old :)

AliceK
27-05-2011, 02:58 PM
hi alicek i have looked into it and you can do part time course because you work with children already thats a good plus look into it we could give each other details i found a site
http://www.cwdcouncil.org.uk/social-work/becoming-a-social-worker/routes/where-to-study

hope this helps and your never to old :)

Thanks, had a quick look at that site it looks really interesting. Will have to have a good look on the web over the BH weekend. Thanks a lot :thumbsup:

xxx

miffy
27-05-2011, 05:19 PM
Good luck Littlestar. hope you manage to follow your dream

Miffy xx

breezy
27-05-2011, 05:53 PM
Go for it and let us know how it all goes, very tough job, but very rewarding :thumbsup:

The Juggler
27-05-2011, 09:31 PM
good luck hon. don't know if you have a degree already, you may be able to go down post grad route, otherwise an access course then 3 year degree is likely.

i wish you well :)