PDA

View Full Version : Parent Has Just Asked Me To Lie To Tax Credits

VINASOL
27-05-2011, 08:29 AM
I have just been asked to provide details of what parent ways childcare weekly (see previous post). So, I said i'd provide her with a weekly amount but she said didn't want that just a figure...so I said that's fine I'll will confirm what you pay weekly in term time...

...then asks me not to put that she pays term-time only :eek:

obviously told her no and that i spoke to tax office and was told to take full amount paid in childcare divided by number of weeks I've had the children.

She is not going to be happy as I know she's been getting paid in holidays!

Mouse
27-05-2011, 08:35 AM
I'm afraid that's the risk they take when they don't claim correctly.

I'm pretty sure one of my parents is over claiming, so I made it very clear to her that if I was asked to confirm the amount she paid, I would tell the truth. I've also lether know that tax credits seem to be checking up a lot at the moment. She's been warned :panic:

miffy
27-05-2011, 08:41 AM
Most definitely her problem - she has a cheek asking you to support her false claim!

There have been a lot of posts on here recently about tax credits checking up on individuals - about time too, it seems too easy to defraud the system atm.

Miffy xx

rickysmiths
27-05-2011, 08:48 AM
Thats her problem! Why do these parents think they can get away with this fraud. I'm glad that they are being weeded out and I hope some of the penalties are high.

Stew....pid
27-05-2011, 09:03 AM
Think i put it in your other post that we had the same, parent was claiming for 3, before and after school 5 days and school holidays, we have 2 of the children 4 days only after school and never in the school holidays, they knew they were being investigated and asked if we could do a letter saying we had all 3 at the times they claimed for and gave us the figure he would like it to come to........... we politely refused explaining that we didnt want to get involved in a fraudulent claim that could end in us being struck off the OFSTED register as we would then lose our livelyhood

They lied not me so its up to them to face the music !!! i have no sympathy for fraudsters

Kiddleywinks
27-05-2011, 09:42 AM
She is not going to be happy as I know she's been getting paid in holidays!

As far as I'm aware Childcare credits are paid over 52 weeks anyway aren't they?

Meaning they'll get less than the weekly care amount during term time, (so have to top up themselves) with the difference being paid when they don't have childcare to pay for... Or am I missing something?

On the other hand, if they are claiming for 52 weeks a year (48 with unpaid holiday), but only have 39 weeks or less of actual care, then they deserve to have the full force of the consequences of their actions fall heavily on their shoulders!

Fraudulent claims are putting the vulnerable in jeopardy by their greed!

My elderly stepfather - a double amputee received, due to government cutbacks, a review letter on his disability claim. They're coming to visit him to see if his circumstances have changed?????!!!!!!! What the hell do they think he's done? Grown new bloomin legs and not told them?!

It would be very easy, in this day and age of super technology, for TC to enter, as they already do, the care amounts parents are claiming for, and cross check that with information received from the registered childcare provider - maybe a special 'hotline' number to call to confirm new contracts/changes/etc
Any that do not match within say a week or so would be highlighted, and require further investigation - call to provider(?)

Any, unscruperlous (sp?) providers, or parents, would soon come to light if there was a dispute

There's my two penneth lol

Chrissie x

Mollymop
27-05-2011, 09:55 AM
Silly woman I don't understand why people try and cheat the system as they always get found out in the end. I am sure I have some parents who do similar but I don't get involved it is none of my business, but I won't lie for them that's for sure.
Don't you worry about it, she is a grown woman she knew what she was doing was wrong. It's not your job to stick up for her lies. xx

PixiePetal
27-05-2011, 09:56 AM
my mindees parents are having trouble at the moment with TC

I was doing 3 days till Dec when we went down to 2 as mum on mat leave - she told them. Also fees increase in Jan. Now seems they prob been getting too much :rolleyes:

I have written letter for them to send to TC telling how much I have been charging with monthly breakdown - so they can total for the year if they need.

They have not asked me to lie and have done everything right but still it is a mess :rolleyes: hope it all gets sorted as mum going back to work and i should have mindee and baby sister in Sept :thumbsup:

VINASOL
27-05-2011, 10:13 AM
her DD used to go to a private nursery 5 days a week full-time which was a lot more than she paid me...she didn't tell them that she changed providers and that she only comes to me p/t.

She has thrown a right strop - but tough. I am not lying for anyone.

Mollymop
27-05-2011, 10:17 AM
She has thrown a right strop - but tough. I am not lying for anyone.

good for you:clapping:

the happy house
27-05-2011, 10:27 AM
silly mare!

Bad enough she's cheated... but to try to get you to lie as well... with the possibility of losing your business... what a nerve!

VINASOL
27-05-2011, 05:34 PM
Then she had the cheek to say (after I said no)....it's not as if I'm asking you to lie for me? Errrrr, yes you are (re-read your text)....I didn't tell her that I save every single text ever sent to or received from her....am saving that for a rainy day :eek:

breezy
27-05-2011, 05:46 PM
Why on earth do they think we'd lie for them, do they really think we'd put our registration on the line for their fraud? :angry:

clio0602
27-05-2011, 07:29 PM
I rang tax credits to tell them my costs had decreased. The lady said that the 'childcare costs would be checked with the provider and did I want to continue with the claim?' They must be checking up on all claims now!

caz3007
27-05-2011, 07:44 PM
I have a fairly new mum who would be getting maximum TC and we were both surprised they didnt contact me. Having said that mum is full time and Lo isnt, so perhaps cos her costs are reasonable for the amount of hours she works, they dont worry

barbarella68
27-05-2011, 07:55 PM
Governments fault again, if they paid us the childcare instead of through the parents this wouldn't happen.:(

~Grasshopper~
27-05-2011, 08:17 PM
exactly why dont the government use a voucher system then no one would be pocketing extra cash. in my past life i was a civil servant and as a perk of the job we got free accor vouchers every month.

i wouldnt lie for any one. reminds me i need to do my own renewal :)

xxx

Daisy1956
27-05-2011, 09:06 PM
If they say that we are being paid x amount for childcare won't the tax office expect us to pay tax on that amount? I can't believe these parents expect you to lie for them.:eek: