PDA

View Full Version : decision make - stopping minding

SamWilliams1980
26-05-2011, 07:48 PM
Its been a while since i was on here ladies, so hello to everyone, but also kinda goodbye.

I have decided to leave childminding behind and return to nursing. Been thinking about it for a long time but only decided to do something about it a few weeks ago and now have a place on a return to practice course in Sept. So excited!!

Cant wait to write me notice letters to my parents (hmm some more than others) Infact some will get there notice sooner than others. The babies i will miss, but the parents mmmmm.

So is there some official form to fill in to 'de-register' so to speak?

alwaysright
26-05-2011, 09:44 PM
good luck!! i'd love to go into nursing (paedatrics) but i'm too old now :laughing:

emmadines
26-05-2011, 10:26 PM
I also wanted to stop minding - this was only supposed to be a stop gap which now I am on my 4th year....... I was hopping to have gained a place at uni to study paramedic studies, but no luck this year!

Good luck x

Demonjill
26-05-2011, 10:28 PM
If you are very sure just contact ofsted or whoever you reg with and they will cancel - you will have to send back your reg certificate,

make sure cos you can always stay in-active - wish i had done cos its taking ages to get re-registered you never know whats round corner.

good luck with your nursing :thumbsup:

miffy
27-05-2011, 09:09 AM
If you're absolutely certain you won't want to return to childminding then you can write to Ofsted and surrender your registration certificate.

Otherwise you can remain registered for 3 years (I think) and then Ofsted themselves will de-register you if you are not minding.

Good luck with your new job

Miffy xx

Mollymop
27-05-2011, 10:18 AM
Good luck with your new job! :thumbsup:

Shirlwith3
27-05-2011, 12:09 PM
Good Luck with your new job.

I too am thinking of leaving minding, for a few reason 1. beacuse I have no children except 1 after school (3 days 1 1/2hrs) no calls what so ever 2. fed up with being used as a stop gap till a space comes up at nursery ( have had loads to this), 3. since getting my dog last year I have wanted to spend more time with him training him plus I have had a few dogs come to stay with us when I have been quiet ( have had loads of them).

I have also applied for a part time job as a Educational Support assistant only 10 1/2hrs term time & I have also applied for a job as a pet carer i.e. dog walking, borading etc.