PDA

View Full Version : Cutting Edge - Are you going to watch it??

SammyM
26-05-2011, 06:13 PM
Really in two minds about it, half of me feels that professionally I may pick up something re safeguarding / child protection BUT as a mother I don't know if I can bear to watch how that vile monster wrecked those poor families .
Think I may sky+ it so I can view it when I feel up to it.
What are your thoughts??

breezy
26-05-2011, 06:31 PM
I know what you mean about learning from it, but I'm not sure I can watch it, maybe I'll record it like you say as that time of night I'm tired and more likely to be emotional :(

Alibali
26-05-2011, 06:34 PM
What is it about and when's it on?

caz3007
26-05-2011, 06:35 PM
I have set it to record and will watch it at some time, when I feel able.

lynnslittleuns
26-05-2011, 06:38 PM
What time and which channel please.

Lynn xx

breezy
26-05-2011, 06:45 PM
channel 4 9pm
" breaking a female paedophile ring"

" an indepth look at a criminal gang whose sexual offences against children came to light in 2009, following the operation that led to their conviction"

angeldelight
26-05-2011, 06:50 PM
Yes I am going to watch it

I just want answers ......how when this woman had a such a lovely family could she have even thought to have done what she did.

Was she always this way ....did her husband see any signs.?

I can't get my head around what she did it makes me sick to be honest

What about her own children I want to know if they are ok and how they are coping

I am sure I will cry but I will watch it

Angel xx

Twinkles
26-05-2011, 07:01 PM
Nope !!

I will rely on you guys to pass on any information that might help with child protection. But I am wussing up big time and can't bring myself to watch. :(

kindredspirits
26-05-2011, 07:08 PM
no i wouldn't want to watch it - i don't think it really applies to any child protection issues in a childminding environment.

angeldelight
26-05-2011, 07:27 PM
no i wouldn't want to watch it - i don't think it really applies to any child protection issues in a childminding environment.

Have to agree with that

Angel xx

SammyM
26-05-2011, 07:57 PM
Have to agree with that

Angel xx

I pray to good that it NEVER applies to anyone of us, but personally if I pick up just one thing that helps me spot any signs then it will be worth my discomfort.

Trouble
26-05-2011, 08:43 PM
is it on now?

alwaysright
26-05-2011, 09:27 PM
i watched it, it didnt go into any detail of abuse just one mention of what the third one did, it didnt even mention it was her own son but i assumed it was as she had eight children!! really concentrated on how they all were all contacted and the root was the fella colin something. also how the man was discovered, he accidentally left his gmail account logged on after using work colleagues pc who reported him to the police!! thank god the colleague found it and had the guts to do something about it

miffy
27-05-2011, 09:10 AM
Nope !!

I will rely on you guys to pass on any information that might help with child protection. But I am wussing up big time and can't bring myself to watch. :(

Me too, not my cuppa tea at all :(

Miffy xx

SammyM
27-05-2011, 08:35 PM
Well I finally plucked up the courage to watch it today - hopefully that key has been well and truly thrown away and they will all rot in jail.

My heart goes out to the children, parents and families whose lives were turned upside down by those animals.

Heaven Scent
27-05-2011, 08:50 PM
I didn't wouldn't and couldn't - I cant get my head round what these people could do to a child or how they could bring themselves to do it and then how they could have the nerve to discuss their sick thoughts or plans with someone else - the whole thing is way way beyond my comprehension altogether.