PDA

View Full Version : Printer Recomendations

Louise0208
26-05-2011, 01:01 PM
Hi folks, :D

im at my witts end with my printer (only had it 6 months)..... iv lost count the amount of cartridges i have bought for it (at £12-15 a time) & with the amount of resorces & paperwork im printing out it just isnt economical to keep it.

I can fill the cartridges up myself just the once...after that they dont work properly....& its as blooming messy job (im sporting black dye all over my hand now :rolleyes: )

can anyone recomend a decent all in 1 printer with low cost cartridges or cartridges that can be re-used more often

:thumbsup:

PixiePetal
26-05-2011, 01:08 PM
I will be looking at this thread with interest. My printer works fine but at £45 for a black and colour cartridge, it is just way too expensive - and I can only get cartridges from PC world or Currys :rolleyes: can't find anywhere online to do originals and even for re-filled have only found one website and black was out of stock :(

so don't get a Lexmark X4580 :rolleyes:

Louise0208
26-05-2011, 01:11 PM
previous printer was a lexmark & i had to use a all-in-one cartridge which cost a small fortune, silly purchase really as colour was hardly used & was often chucked as the black was gone! :rolleyes:

catlyn
26-05-2011, 01:37 PM
I love my epson all in one SX600....takes 4 cartridges i buy compatables off e bay around £10 for 8 or 12 I think. its a copier and a fax and its wireless...was only around £70 from tesco....got it with my vouchers and doubled them up....so £35 and I paid no real money

loocyloo
26-05-2011, 01:38 PM
we have an HP, which is super, but the ink is :eek: :eek: :eek:

it wasn't working very well, so DH researched and decided to get a kodak one, cheap ink, and apparently really good ....

the HP printer must have sensed it was going, as now its behaving as good as gold !!! ;) ( still need :eek: ink though! )

The Juggler
26-05-2011, 01:52 PM
the kodak all in one. It's fab - you can get a wireless one for about £85 if you shop around (amazon/play). To replace b&w AND colour costs £19.99 but they charge a fiver for delivery so it's worth bulk ordering.

I just ordered 3 black and white and a colour for £47 which is less than it used to cost to get one of each for my old Dell printer.

PixiePetal
26-05-2011, 02:19 PM
the kodak all in one. It's fab - you can get a wireless one for about £85 if you shop around (amazon/play). To replace b&w AND colour costs £19.99 but they charge a fiver for delivery so it's worth bulk ordering.

I just ordered 3 black and white and a colour for £47 which is less than it used to cost to get one of each for my old Dell printer.

sounds good :thumbsup: will have a nosy at Amazon, thanks:D

Pixie dust
26-05-2011, 03:02 PM
I love my epson all in one SX600....takes 4 cartridges i buy compatables off e bay around £10 for 8 or 12 I think. its a copier and a fax and its wireless...was only around £70 from tesco....got it with my vouchers and doubled them up....so £35 and I paid no real money

I have an epson too which I love but it doesn't like compatibles refuses to accept the cartridges so I have to buy originals but they last a while.

Chimps Childminding
26-05-2011, 07:08 PM
My HP costs me a fortune!!! I am looking at a Kodak when mine goes wrong as the cartridges seem to be the cheapest!! Trouble is the HP is still going strong at the moment :angry:

The Juggler
26-05-2011, 08:54 PM
My HP costs me a fortune!!! I am looking at a Kodak when mine goes wrong as the cartridges seem to be the cheapest!! Trouble is the HP is still going strong at the moment :angry:

buy the kodak and sell your HP :thumbsup:

kel1983
27-05-2011, 01:12 PM
I bought the Kodak wireless printer last week on Amazon for £75. Cost £6 for genuine kodak cartridge :thumbsup:

The only prob is mine had a fault so had to be returned. But amazon sent me out a new one the same day. Not got round too connecting it all up yet though. Hopefully this one will be ok