PDA

View Full Version : Have you seen this in the news?

berkschick
29-04-2008, 08:15 PM
http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/s/1047360_smacking_shame_of_childminder

Another CM giving us a bad name :mad:

And she got a Good grading from OFSTED only last August :mad:

sarah707
29-04-2008, 08:26 PM
Oh dear... I don't like publicity like this. We were just shining after the whistleblower stuff and now this... fancy behaving like that in front of a student as well! :(

crazybones
29-04-2008, 08:28 PM
If she did that in front of a student what did she do when there was no-one watching and the bit about having up to 15 children at any one time :eek:

Heaven Scent
29-04-2008, 08:52 PM
Silly woman and how did she get away with having so many children under 8?
Wouldn't you think the children would have told their parents before now - she has obviously been doing it for years. I wonder if it was one of the students from the college I worked at they all went on placement in that area. I haven't worked there since last Jan nor have I done any placemnet visits since June '06.

Last week when a father of two of my mindees was signing some permission slips etc he came across a mention of my smacking policy and asked what it was and I said that I don't and his response was to direct a comment to his daughter as follows 'you're safer here than you are at home' I just feel that it is sad that a parent should have to feel like that about how they choose to discipline their own child. I personally don't see much wrong with a short sharp slap now and again as an absolute last resort from a parent to a child however I do not in any way condone anything more or regular slapping as it doesn't do much more than teach children to be violent.

I also believe strongly that no one else has the right to lay a finger on anyone elses child no matter what.

donnahay0
29-04-2008, 09:00 PM
That's awfull. Does make you wonder why none of the parents were at all concerned about her looking after so many children. I hate to think what she was like when nobody was about.

Twinkles
29-04-2008, 09:28 PM
Bl**dy woman !! What was she thinking ??
It makes me so mad when we hear of things like this. Most of us are good at our job, we are caring and nuturing , but it only takes one case like this to tar us all with the same brush.

angeldelight
29-04-2008, 10:47 PM
That is terrible

Angel xx

Spangles
29-04-2008, 10:57 PM
That's disgusting, what a truly awful woman.

Blaze
29-04-2008, 10:59 PM
:angry: :(

charleyfarley
30-04-2008, 05:43 AM
How awful. Those poor children

Carol xx

Tatia
30-04-2008, 07:04 AM
Why on earth is she using her breaking of the law (looking after so many under 8s) as her excuse?! Disgusting. Those poor little children. I'm glad the student had the courage to come forward!

hbomb1
30-04-2008, 07:32 AM
Those poor children, and the baby having it's cheeks squeezed together. It's absolutely awful :angry: :angry:

Cannot believe she got away with caring for so many at any one time - disgraceful!

:mad:

deeb66
30-04-2008, 08:03 AM
I hope they throw the book at her.....she deserves it!

How dare she go around smacking other people's children.

When I was first registered we were allowed to smack children as long as we had written parental consent.:eek:

There is no way I would ever smack a child and as I explained to a parent once (who wanted me to smack his child:( ).......that I would never dream of laying hands on his child.

It is entirely up to the parent if they want to smack their children but there was no way I was going to do it!

I always looked upon it and tried to imagine how I would feel if someone had laid hands on my son........If I ever found out someone had I would kill them!

I was one of the NCMA members who lobbied and pushed for the no smacking policy to be put into force! and actually cheered when Ofsted made it policy!

What I want to know is how on earth did she get away with looking after so many children.

Tatia
30-04-2008, 08:15 AM
And even beyond going over numbers (unless she was very good at writing variance letters), if it gets too stressful for you, then you just don't do it! You cut back. How dare she use that as her excuse?!:angry:

Jinx
30-04-2008, 08:24 AM
If you go down to the bottom of the page where there are some comments, apparently she employed at least 2 assistants!! I wonder if they are being investigated and if not, why didn't they report her.

Things like this make me soooooo angry:angry: :angry:

Jinx x

mum22
30-04-2008, 08:30 AM
I do hope they throw the book at her.
helen

ruby
30-04-2008, 08:37 AM
this is horrendous how could she do it

well done for the student to report her must have taken some courage

i agree i hope they throw the book at her.

Cathy

mum22
30-04-2008, 08:48 AM
:idea: The more times i see this thread, the more i become angry about it - I think she should be touted around the region to childminding groups so we can all have our say to her face ....

Alibali
30-04-2008, 01:23 PM
Why look after other peoples children if you don't like it, or are under stress? Silly, silly woman :angry: :angry:

Ali x

buildingblocks
30-04-2008, 09:02 PM
This is appalling. I am even more appalled by the fact she was in such a position of authority on the Regional committee (not that that means anythign though).

"to 15 children under the age of nine at any one time" This of course could be down to the fact that hse works with assistants and some could be over 8 but again no excuse

"Ofsted judged her to be `good' overall and `out- standing' in supporting children to make a `positive contribution" and this just proves that what Ofsted see during an inspction proves nothing. (apologies to those on here who deserve the grades that you are given)

crazybones
30-04-2008, 09:04 PM
I still cant get over the fact that anyone could force food down a 6 month old baby.