PDA

View Full Version : Outdoor play house

sheila27
26-05-2011, 12:29 PM
Hi im new to this forum and i have seen lots of very useful advice. Im currently doing a garden risk assessment while waiting for my pre- reg visit. Im stuck on the risks for a childrens play house, can anyone help me with the risks the children may come across? I feel like i have been doing risk assessments forever now!!!! Thanks

grindal
26-05-2011, 12:55 PM
Assuming there is a door - there is a small risk of trapped fingers. With mine there is also a risk of passers by getting whacked as the windows are flung open! Mindees are not allowed to climb on it.

And husband must stop wacking golf balls at it :angry:

cherry
26-05-2011, 01:01 PM
As my house only has half a door my older mindees sit on it and also on the window ledges. (They know they're not allowed to do this) They can also lean out to far and fall out of the windows.

Also trip over the ledge of the doorway.

grindal
26-05-2011, 01:04 PM
As my house only has half a door my older mindees sit on it and also on the window ledges. (They know they're not allowed to do this) They can also lean out to far and fall out of the windows.

Also trip over the ledge of the doorway.

Yes - falling out of windows - mindee did this today - she will insist on going in through the window not the door!
Never realised how dangerous they were :eek: :eek:

catlyn
26-05-2011, 01:39 PM
mine was just covered in the general garden and large play equipment RA and Mrs O came today and was happy with that....I didnt mention it specifically