PDA

View Full Version : Holidays

hollyvilla
26-05-2011, 12:14 PM
Why is it that however much I remind parents about my holidays, send them letters and reminders, they always find it a surprise when I tell them I will not be here the next week. I have even had them turn up and try and leave their children with my son and his girlfriend. Is this just me or does anyone else find it a problem?

justdaz
26-05-2011, 03:49 PM
Hi, i have only had one parent say I hadn't told her about a pre booked holiday in 17 years! Despite being given the list of my leave for the year.
As a result of this as I give each parent a letter I have them sign my master copy to say they have recieved it, whatever the topic. This seems to work well.

breezy
26-05-2011, 04:47 PM
not happened to me, but my friend always takes between xmas and new year off and tells parents regularly but had one lot turn up last year and they were quite indignant when she answered the door in her pyjamas and said no she wouldnt work anyway as a favour because she was at home :panic:

jane5
26-05-2011, 04:53 PM
I have written it in their daily diarys but I still had a parent last week ask casually if I have anything booked this year.

Eeeerrrr yes in 12 days :rolleyes: :D

charleyfarley
26-05-2011, 04:55 PM
In the last 6 years of minding I haven't booked a single holiday but at last I have booked 2 weeks for next year (finally).
I've told all parents already that I am away for those two weeks and shall carry on reminding them for the next 14 months :D

Carol xx

miffy
26-05-2011, 05:07 PM
It's usually me that forgets I've booked a holiday - I wave parents off saying see you next week and then they tell me I won't be there! :laughing:

Miffy xx

Hebs
26-05-2011, 05:16 PM
Why is it that however much I remind parents about my holidays, send them letters and reminders, they always find it a surprise when I tell them I will not be here the next week. I have even had them turn up and try and leave their children with my son and his girlfriend. Is this just me or does anyone else find it a problem?

oh i had this with one of my parents yesterday, oh well not my problem enjoy your time off x

Hebs
26-05-2011, 05:17 PM
I have written it in their daily diarys but I still had a parent last week ask casually if I have anything booked this year.

Eeeerrrr yes in 12 days :rolleyes: :D

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Ripeberry
26-05-2011, 05:21 PM
This is another reason I like term-time only working :D