PDA

View Full Version : help!

emitchell285
26-05-2011, 12:02 PM
Can anyone please give me some advice. I have been registered now for 6 months and still hardly have any children on my books. I am doing both childminding and another job which is not easy. How can l get more on my books? did it start so slow for others?:(

Kes
26-05-2011, 03:18 PM
It took me a year to get started properly, quite often people are cautious about new childminders. Just keep advertising wherever you can and get yourself seen and known at toddler groups.
I get a lot of enquiries that just come to the house and say that they have seen me walking around but then I do 3 school runs a day. I have a small advert in my porch window which seems to get me noticed and I'm close to a field so get all the dog walkers going by.
Word of mouth is a great tool so get yourself out there.
Good Luck.

MaryMary
26-05-2011, 03:26 PM
As Kes says, get yourself known at schools & toddler groups (easier said than done if you don't have any children, as people can be a bit suspicious if you hang around these places :laughing: )

have you tried Childcare.co.uk? i have just been stopped at the school by someone that recognised me from my profile pic!

Word of mouth and recommendation is the best marketing tool. Do you know any other childminders in your area? If you get to know them, they might pass parent's details on to you if they are full.

Good luck :thumbsup:

jane5
26-05-2011, 03:36 PM
I advertised on childcare.co.uk and netmums and still get lots of enquiries even though I have been full for a couple of months now.

I messaged every parent on childcare that lived within 5 miles of me even if they hadnt put their requirements on their profile. I didnt get replies from lots but have a couple lo's from there :thumbsup: