PDA

View Full Version : Social Work Payments

phoebe-alice
26-05-2011, 10:45 AM
Hi there I currently have a contract with social services to look after a wee boy for 3 days a week. The first 3 payments they were in a hurry to pay as it was coming to the end of the tax year but now I have found payments have drawn to a halt and haven't been paid for the last 8 invoices. I am really struggling this month and can't afford for them to be this far behind but haven't a clue who to contact as the only person I have details for is the family social work officer who doesn't deal with that side of things.
If anyone has any advise or has had to deal with the same sort of thing that would be great as not sure what to do next.

Stew....pid
26-05-2011, 11:11 AM
Hi there I currently have a contract with social services to look after a wee boy for 3 days a week. The first 3 payments they were in a hurry to pay as it was coming to the end of the tax year but now I have found payments have drawn to a halt and haven't been paid for the last 8 invoices. I am really struggling this month and can't afford for them to be this far behind but haven't a clue who to contact as the only person I have details for is the family social work officer who doesn't deal with that side of things.
If anyone has any advise or has had to deal with the same sort of thing that would be great as not sure what to do next.

i would contact the social worker first and axplain the situation and say you will have to withdraw your services due to non payment, if he/she is any good at her job she will chase your money for you, it does say on our local Social Services Website that they pay within 5 working days, they never do tho and like most goverment bodies actually prefer to pay on 90 day from date of invoice if they can get away with it, be firm with them and make them understand your payment terms