PDA

View Full Version : 1st inspection

kellib
26-05-2011, 09:40 AM
I've just found out that I have my first inspection (or site visit as the woman said!) next week, what should I be prepared for? The woman said it can take a few hours!

breezy
26-05-2011, 04:22 PM
are you in Scotland? Really cant help you as I'm in England, but will bump this up so someone can help :)

kellib
26-05-2011, 05:48 PM
Yeah I'm in Scotland :)

sarah707
26-05-2011, 05:53 PM
They will take you through the statutory requirements so make sure you have read them.

If you have any pre-registration documents to fill in they will do those too.

Make a list of any questions you want to ask and be ready to show the inspector round your home and talk about how you will keep children safe and healthy etc.

Good luck :D

arly
29-05-2011, 07:51 PM
You will have done your Self Assessment so have all the paperwork that you stated you had to hand as she may ask for it at any point throughout the inspection...I recently had my inspection and they were looking at how I meet the childs needs, what information I gathered about them...etc also health and safety in the enviroment and she also asked me what my responsibilities were regards child protection. They will quiz you throughout but if your inspector is anything like mine it was relaxed and the conversation just flowed...I just went about things as I usually do....good luck.xx

tulip0803
29-05-2011, 10:29 PM
Good luck!

Amyclark32
18-07-2011, 03:45 PM
How did your visit go? Hope it went well. I will be having my first visit shortly. Do you have any advice. Amy x

kellib
20-07-2011, 05:25 PM
How did your visit go? Hope it went well. I will be having my first visit shortly. Do you have any advice. Amy x

It went well, wasn't as long as I expected. The lady just had a look around my house, suggested a few things to fix in my policies and procedures and had a few bits of advice for me.

Still waiting on my registration certificate though!

daniella
04-10-2011, 03:45 PM
i am a new childminder (since may2011) and now i will have my first inspection.please help me with where ever you can.in special with planning and observation.and what can ask me.
english is not my first language.... :(( so quite dificult for me ...
please email me with any help
thank you