PDA

View Full Version : Another daft paperwork question...

buzzy bee
25-05-2011, 10:55 AM
Following on from my last post then...

I currently use the purple NCMA box which has sections for Contracts, Record Forms, Accident book, Attendence register etc...

Does it have to be done this way?

My preferred method would be to have 1 folder for each child, and inside it have their contract, record form, any accident / incident / medication forms etc, permissions forms, attendence records etc etc.

Is this okay?

Do the medicine / accident forms have to be put into the NCMA accident folder and do they all have to have that divider at the front with the (duplication of) the childs details?

Thank you! :thumbsup:

happydays1
25-05-2011, 11:03 AM
Hi i also have the NCMA folder, i keep all the blank copies in there and all the filled in bits in seperate folders for each child,(remember these still have to be locked) in a lockable cabinet. Except for the medication/accident forms which are kept in the NCMA folder (which is also locked in the cabinet) I think these ones should be kept in the folder not in the childs individual folder. Hope that makes sense.:)

VINASOL
25-05-2011, 11:08 AM
i'm the same (almost)...blank paperwork kept in ncma folder, filled in stuff goes into child's personal folder in individual sections (along with copies of my newsletters/obs etc)...even accidents/medications etc (once completed). So i have a full complete file on each child/family.

appleblossom
25-05-2011, 01:07 PM
I have two ring binders for each child. One is a fancy one which is the Learning Journey. the other is a plain one with contract, record form, permissions, accident and medicine records etc.

I also have a binder for the current month's attendance record sheets and my income and expenditure sheets. I complete the attendance record sheets each day and on Friday evening I complete the income/expenditure sheet for that week. At the end of the month I total up the month's income and expenditure and file it away in a big lever arch file along with the attendance records for that same month. Then by the end of the tax year I have 12 months records of attendance and income/expenditure, ready to go on my tax return.

I have master copies of policies, contracts, record forms, permission forms, attendance records and income/expenditure forms on the computer. I just print them as I need them. (I'm not with NCMA so don't have to use their paperwork). It saves loads of cash.

Louise0208
25-05-2011, 01:18 PM
i have an 'all forms' book for each child which has contract, permissions, medical history, medication, accident & inncident....i like everything in 1 place :)

i did away with NCMA paperwork a few years into my last registration as it didnt cover everything for me and everything was looking untidy due to me adding info & changing stuff. :thumbsup:

my attendance book is kept seperate & all children are in the same one (seperate page for each)

BlondeMoment
25-05-2011, 01:22 PM
i have an 'all forms' book for each child which has contract, permissions, medical history, medication, accident & inncident....i like everything in 1 place :)

i did away with NCMA paperwork a few years into my last registration as it didnt cover everything for me and everything was looking untidy due to me adding info & changing stuff. :thumbsup:

my attendance book is kept seperate & all children are in the same one (seperate page for each)

I want to do away with the NCMA stuff too. Too expensive and I have a ways that work better for me with a few things. Just not got enough of my own ideas on how to do it myself completely

Louise0208
25-05-2011, 01:26 PM
to be honest i cheated & bought a complete paperwork pack CD off fleabay & adapted it to my needs :thumbsup:

buzzy bee
25-05-2011, 08:49 PM
Thanks everyone!