PDA

View Full Version : Garden activities and ideas!

juelmer
25-05-2011, 09:09 AM
Hi,

Now the weather is starting to be a bit more predictable (?). I'm wanting to improve my garden. My husband has built a sandpit so I can tick that one off and we have a deck for the children to play on and a large umbrella to play under when it's hot. We've planted sunflowers and did an easter egg hunt during the easter. At my pre-reg visit I as told to get more toys for the garden and she suggested some tyres for the children to balance on, which i've done.

So I've been researching more activities to do and found a great website:
http://www.kiddiegardens.com/kids_garden_crafts.html
I've ordered a plant pot painting kit which my mindee can paint and give to her father for fathers day and I'm going to try and make a wigwam and the cress heads.

Other ideas I've had are making a treasure box with a magnify glass, binoculars etc.

I was wondering if anyone had anymore ideas, especially cheap or make your own ideas (the tyres have been fantastic, we might even paint them). Or links to great websites.

Thanks,
Julie

lau
25-05-2011, 09:37 AM
That is a great website, thanks for sharing it. I have been trying to come up with some ideas for the garden too but all I have managed inbetween chores this morning (morning off!) is gloop in our currently empty sand pit and trying to decide on containers for the children to plant their own seeds in!

Not very helpful I know, been a busy morning inbetween naps(my baby's not mine!) and housework!
x

flowerpots
25-05-2011, 09:53 AM
Im just in the process of registering garden so not got any ideas but thank you for the link, lots of good ideas. :thumbsup:

juelmer
25-05-2011, 12:21 PM
Thanks for the feedback. I remember my co-ordinator saying 'anything you can do indoors, you can pretty much do outdoors' like crafts, reading, talking, dress up etc. I'm not sure about cooking and the health and hygiene that surrounds it.

miffy
25-05-2011, 01:24 PM
That's a lovely website - thanks for sharing :thumbsup:

Miffy xx

catlyn
25-05-2011, 02:01 PM
ooooh thanks ,,our theme this month is plants and flowers...this is great xx

SandCastles
02-06-2011, 04:10 PM
Thanks for the link, popped into my favourites.

I have bought the trug containers and have put, soil, pebbles, sand and water in them and given each child, a little bowl, a spoon, a paintbrush and trowel.

they have sat in the shade for over 3 hours now, digging, water painting, washing pebbles, planting things and other items. Best thing ever for me, as they have stayed still and calm all afternoon. Yes they are filfy and in need of a good wash, but they are happy.

Here is the link for the trug containers http://www.containerama.com/index.php

I got the covers as well, as we have lots of cats visiting us during the night!