PDA

View Full Version : Question about safeguarding course

mumto3
25-05-2011, 09:01 AM
Not sure if this is in the correct place

With the safeguarding course that is needed, does it have to be an attended course or can it be an online one? I have been on safeguarding courses before in person but it was 4 or 5 yrs ago

lottieslittlelambs
25-05-2011, 11:33 AM
Not sure if this is in the correct place

With the safeguarding course that is needed, does it have to be an attended course or can it be an online one? I have been on safeguarding courses before in person but it was 4 or 5 yrs ago

Hi,

I think it probably depends on your LEA, but the one I did and a couple of local childminders I know are doing is the online one and the Local safeguarding team send you an email with log in etc then you go from there. Just contact them. I expect they will probably pay for it too!

Rubybubbles
25-05-2011, 12:13 PM
I recently went on a safeguarding course 3 yrs since my last one, I read on here most likey you should attend one every 3 years, as well as having the most up-to-date information from your local children's board.

I did the designated person one (although the recommendation was only half day) as I felt as I am in sole charge I need to know everything:) NCMA have now got a online safguarding course