PDA

View Full Version : im not jellous

TRACEY1969
25-05-2011, 07:47 AM
i will try and help anyone out but i just get pushed away afterwards. A friend of mine has just become a child minder and i helped her out with paper work and she has just told me she is doing her NVQ3, i told her i didn't think she could do it as she has been minding for 4 months and no expericence before that. I have my NVQ3 last year and i have been minding for years so i told her you need at least 2 years experience that was what i was told before doing mine. Im i right in this as she has only done her foundation course :blush: :blush:

DIPPY DOUGHNUT
25-05-2011, 08:38 AM
Hi, i became registered in June and started childminding straightaway and i started my NVQ in the Dec. I got told that you had to have 6 months experience to do your NVQ 3.

pinkbutterfly
25-05-2011, 11:58 AM
I think it varies ... here you have to have 12 months of experience if you want bursary for NVQ ... but if you want to pay for it yourself you can start whenever. It also depends which NVQ she's doing.

Louise317
25-05-2011, 12:05 PM
we were advised to get a years experience first and also get to know your business before taking on the extra work. I do plan to do the NVQ but will make sure I'm ready and can balance everything first :)

Alibali
25-05-2011, 12:28 PM
It may be different depending on who is funding it, I actually started mine (SVQ 3) the same month I started minding as my cm friend was starting it then, don't think they even asked how long I'd been a cm!