PDA

View Full Version : How would u follow this on?

mumto3
24-05-2011, 09:52 PM
I am yet to attend a childminding course but have worked in nursery before altho i am very rusty when it comes to planning and havent actually ever done the eyfs in practice

I have my own 2 year old at home during the day with me so i keep watching him and thinking of things i could observe etc if he was a mindee

this morning (and regularly at other times) on the school run he saw a plane in the sky and pointed and said 'aeroplane, bye, bye' and he waved, would u use this as an observation and if so what would u use to follow it on to future planning?

i know i dont need to do this yet but im trying to get my head around it and get to that way of thinking, i have an idea in my head of the following on from this but wanted ur expert knowledge so i can see if im along the right track, cheers

mumto3
25-05-2011, 10:12 AM
Does anyone have any suggestions?

I was maybe thinking play with aeroplanes at home, maybe extend it and find pics of aeroplanes, maybe pis of holidays and put in a book, also when he points and says bye bye aeroplane, i say, 'have a nice holiday' which he copies so would this increase his vocab??? not sure if thats the idea of it, im clueless :o

Stew....pid
25-05-2011, 10:18 AM
You can follow on by counting all the plane's you see that day and thats a lead into numeracy :) :)

mumto3
25-05-2011, 10:21 AM
You can follow on by counting all the plane's you see that day and thats a lead into numeracy :) :)

that just seems to simple, am i over thinking it, i think im so used to the nursery way :rolleyes:

Stew....pid
25-05-2011, 10:30 AM
Once they are interested in something they want to learn, a simple picture of an aeroplane starts the counting, 2 wings, 4 engines, then colours, what colour is the sky ?, what colour is the aeroplane ? then imagination, what colour do you think it is inside ? and so forth, before you know it your looking at globes and countries the plane might be going to, they learn without knowing most of the time :-)

Rubybubbles
25-05-2011, 10:36 AM
I wouldn't plan a whole topic from it, I would work more on his CCL than a huge plan of activies that he will spend two seconds on!

maybe make kites to fly like an areoplane, what noise does an areoplane make, can you move like one? read books on things that move. My little mindie (just 2) likes to squash planes (lol with his fingers as there are so far away)!

Count the areoplane, point out different coloured ones?

Make it simple!

mumto3
25-05-2011, 10:43 AM
ok thank u, thats helped alot, once i get my head around it im sure it will be fine

sarah707
25-05-2011, 05:57 PM
Play hello and goodbye games with dolls, teddies, toy cars and planes :D