PDA

View Full Version : been asked to run a creche at a wedding

butterfly
24-05-2011, 01:07 PM
myself and my coworker have been asked to run a creche at a wedding in june - 4 hours 6-10pm in a hotel.

has anyone done this before?

ofsted say i don't need regisration because it's a creche and during the evening as log as no child stays for more than 4 hrs

i've rung morton mchel re my insurance but they haven't rung me back yet. looking at the website it says it's ok as long as i've been asked by the county council and it's only for 2 yrs - obviously that's not going to work

if i do get insurance - what would be acceptable to charge? i imagine it'll be 4 hrs workig and 1/2 hours setting u and tidying up. proably for 12 children at a time between 2 and 7.

where do i start?

RachelE
24-05-2011, 01:31 PM
I've done a few weddings in hotels before through an agency though.

Have you been to this particular hotle before?

You need to think about the logisitics - how far will the room you are in, be from the room where the rest fo the adults are? - You dont want it too far away.
Will the children be able to just come and go? - how will the LO's do this?
What toys will you take? -

As far as price, you'll have to consider the wages of you and friend, wear and tear on your toys, equipment and replenshing art and craft equipment.

For over 4 hours work I think I'd want £40 each. I think £100 is a reasonable cost for everything for that amount of children.

I didnt have to worry about the insurance side as I was through an agency.
Hope this has been a little help..?

Good luck,
Rachel x

samb
24-05-2011, 07:53 PM
When I worked as a nanny, the agency I got my job through asked me to help run a creche for a wedding. It was in a garden. They had a large marquee for the adults and then a separate part of the garden for the children. They provided food - finger food in those picnic boxes like McDonald's meals and toys - the toys were mix of craft and garden toys. The agency asked each of us to think of 3 garden games to run for particular age groups but the rest of the time we just played. There were 4 nannies there. The people who hired us paid the agency £12 per hour per nanny - we got half of this. So I did 8 hours and got £48. Insurance was also done through the agency. Could you maybe ring an agency and see how they charge?

samb
24-05-2011, 07:54 PM
PS this was about 10 years ago!