PDA

View Full Version : is this ok?

littlestar
24-05-2011, 11:55 AM
hi i was just scrolling through ebay when i came across this at the bottom it has the childminders contact details including her reg number do you think she is aware this could be used?
<link removed>

i couldnt get over the fact that this lady would sell her compleated sef form :panic:

christine e
24-05-2011, 11:58 AM
Can't think that she is that outstanding if she is so careless with her registration number:rolleyes:

Helen Dempster
How bizarre...I personally wouldn't have my reg number on there. Unless she's an ex-minder (but it looks current doesn't it?) And as you say, what a strange thing to want to sell.

Happy Bunny
Some people will sell anything nowadays LOL LOL

Stew....pid
24-05-2011, 12:05 PM
If you buy her SEF your only kidding yourself when OFSTED come round and after a while id say they will pick up on it and realise the same SEF is being used, id prefer to get a Satisfactory Grade thro my own merits than an Outstanding Grade thro someone elses :)

And as for putting your EY number on there :eek:

heidicat
24-05-2011, 12:12 PM
Just checked this out on ofsted - cos I'm nosey ;) and she is outstanding in all areas but it was from 2009... perhaps she's gone a bit downhill and needs the money now:laughing:

LittleStar's
24-05-2011, 12:19 PM
Thats abit naughty isnt it!

Surely if you bought someone else's Sef it wouldnt fit your setting as we are all different anyway.

Lawwa
24-05-2011, 12:20 PM
Heidicat - I just checked out OFSTED too. Glad I'm not the only nosey one :laughing:

loocyloo
24-05-2011, 12:21 PM
but how can one persons SEF match anyone elses? we all work differently.

i've moved and am currently in the middle of re-writing alot of mine as my setting is different, i don't currently have any mindees (:( ) and things change all the time.

a while ago, i read a friends through for her, and we were saying the same sort of things, but hers was in her words, and mine in mine!

heidicat
24-05-2011, 12:22 PM
:littleangel:
Heidicat - I just checked out OFSTED too. Glad I'm not the only nosey one :laughing:

miffy
24-05-2011, 12:33 PM

Me too! Just couldn't resist it! :laughing:

Miffy xx

FussyElmo
24-05-2011, 12:37 PM
Yes but has she put her number on so people will check and see that she is outstanding and be tempted to buy it?

rickysmiths
24-05-2011, 01:06 PM
It is her sef and not suitab le for any other setting. However I guess it might give an idea for wording and how much she has written.

I went and looked at the report as well! Here is a link for anyone else who is curious:
<link removed>
I would say the money would be better spent on one of our friend Sarah's e-books. Thats what I found helpful.

Pauline
24-05-2011, 08:48 PM
I think this is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard!! How can anyone use someone else's SEF :huh:

Littlestar, I hope you understand that I've removed the link as I wouldn't want anyone thinking that the forum was condoning such a thing and use the link to go and buy it! I wouldn't want to give it one bit of promotion!

The SEF is a personal thing (or should be!) all about you and your setting, no way can you use one from someone else.

Ricky, I've also removed the link to her report as I don't think we should be doing that.