PDA

View Full Version : Where do you get your ideas from?

caza
29-04-2008, 04:17 PM
After having spent the last couple of days going through endless posts it has struck me what excellent ideas some of you have for activities/projects to do with the children and I just wondered where you get all your ideas from?

Are you all just exceptionally creative or is there some wonderful site you all visit for inspriation and ideas (apart from this one of course ;) ). Its just although I love doing activities with children I am not always the most creative person in the world and I'm not convinced I could keep coming up with idea after idea for activities. Are you all creative geniuses or is there anyone out there who can still only draw stick men like me? :laughing: I always find with my daughter she is the creative one and she tell me what to do :D

Caroline

hello kitty
29-04-2008, 04:22 PM
I trawl the internet for ideas, I visit the library for ideas, I ask the kids for ideas and occasionally I have a good idea of my own!!!

MissTinkerbell
29-04-2008, 04:30 PM
If you go to Google and type in preschool activities it throws up loads of websites with loads of ideas.

crazybones
29-04-2008, 04:33 PM
I check out everyones advice on here and steal it :thumbsup:

merry
29-04-2008, 05:12 PM
It's a mix of magazines, creative steps is a good one, internet sites, kids own ideas and mine. I'm ok at having the ideas but not so good with actually making stuff myself, all my efforts genuinely look like a 5 year old has made them :laughing:

:)

Alibali
29-04-2008, 05:45 PM

Same as Annie! :D :D
What a wonderful bunch.

Ali x

sarah707
29-04-2008, 06:08 PM
I think it's because there are so many of us... we all know lots about bits and when it all gets pooled together, there's loads :D

Michelle M
29-04-2008, 06:59 PM

Same here :blush:

ma7ie
29-04-2008, 07:45 PM

Me too. :D

caza
29-04-2008, 08:16 PM
Thanks I think as long as I have your permission to commit a bit of activity theft once in a while I reckon I should be ok ;)

Caroline

Twinkles
29-04-2008, 09:34 PM
It helps to enjoy doing the same things as a four year old too :D

John
29-04-2008, 10:31 PM
One of my past times thinking of art and craft things to do with my kids, just have a look around on google, any children clubs you may go to, books from charity shops, and if time tape tv shows and if your friendly with other childminders in your area swop ideas. And always take a look at the activities that are put up on this forum.

John.