PDA

View Full Version : bit stuck

levason
24-05-2011, 09:17 AM
Basically I feel like I should be doing more paperwork than I am, obviously am doing the learning Journeys, and have all my policies and procedures in place but so far my planning just isn't really happen, I think as all my mindees are between 9mths and 15mths I just go with the flow but i do feel like I need to have something down on paper but not sure what. So far I was thinking of doing a spider chart with the month in the middle and ideas coming from it, then having a diary so that I can note down what activity I carried out, how it went and what parts of the six areas of learning it linked too.

But I don't Im really stuck for activities for this age group and how do I find enough different things to do each month, worried I'll just repeating the same old stuff. Any help would be great - thanks!xx

angiemog
24-05-2011, 10:31 AM
I use spidergraphs for all my mindees in the middle I put interests and areas of development.I add to this as and when things change. Around the outside I then put activity ideas. I date them when we do them. I was doing one each month but found I was using too much paper for children that only come once a week. I just use until it's full.
I know lots of people do many different things but this works for me. I keep the sheets in my planning folder which is close to hand and when it's full I transfer to the child's folder.
Good Luck x