PDA

View Full Version : Help please xx

catlyn
24-05-2011, 07:45 AM
I have been up till 1am the past few nights getting my SEF ready for my inspection tomorrow (Mrs O has asked to see it) and I have done quite well up until now I'm having a brain freeze on the last few sections
The extent to which children develop skills for the future...do i have to describe the stages each child is at or am I barking up the wrong tree here?
Also the effectiveness of leadership and management...what do I put in this section please???and the final section the capacity of the provision to maintain continuous provision
Any help would be gratefully accepted...its probably quite simple but I think my brain is in overload at the moment and i cant make head nor tail of it
Thanks x xx

catlyn
24-05-2011, 03:49 PM
can anyone help...pleeeeeeeese x xx :panic:

sarah707
24-05-2011, 04:51 PM
Skills for the future relates to the games and activities you plan and the outings you take children on which give them knowledge of the world around them, particularly games like role play, dressing up, activities related to safety, people who help us etc.

How effectively do you lead and manage (run) your childminding provision? How does the training / courses / self evaluation etc improve outcomes for the children?

Continuous improvement also relates to how your improvement plan will benefit the children in the long run... so if you intend to go on a course about behaviour management it will provide you with information you can use when managing the children's needs.

Hth :D

miffy
24-05-2011, 04:56 PM
Developing skills for the future - look at the activities and resources you provide and say how these help children learn/develop their skills in the different areas of learning and development. If I remember rightly the sef guidance gives you some pointers like communication and ict.

Effectiveness of leadership and management - last chance to blow your own trumpet and talk about things you have put into place and how they have benefitted the children. Also look at anything you've identified in your sef as needing to improve and say how you're going to do it

Capacity to maintain continuous improvement - how will you improve on what you're already doing - have you identified any further training you need? Will you be making any changes to your the way you do things or buying new resources. Don't forget to say why you will do these things.

HTH's

Miffy xx

miffy
24-05-2011, 04:57 PM
Forgot to say good luck with your inspection and Sarah types quicker than me! :laughing:

Miffy xx

catlyn
24-05-2011, 05:49 PM
ahhhh...fantastic thank you soooo much you're a pair of lifesavers x x I am dreading tomorrow, I feel so ill prepared, its only just over a week since my mum died but I have cancelled twice and need to get it over with thanks for the good luck wishes xx

catlyn
24-05-2011, 05:52 PM
arggggggghhhh...just tried to access my sef to get it finished and ofsted site is currently unavailable....