PDA

View Full Version : How do you decide what to tell mum?

VINASOL
24-05-2011, 06:30 AM
What sort of things do you verbally tell mum each day? (more for kids over 3yrs).

Do you say that they have been whinging, whining, not doing as they're told, hitting, pushing, saying mean things, lying, poking their tongue out etc etc etc

If a child did one f the above, or differnt things, would you tell mum each day or would you let several things go...and concentrate on the 'really' naughty things?

miffy
24-05-2011, 06:39 AM
Hard to generalise really - tbh don't get much whinging and whining but would only mention to mum if I thought it was linked to the child feeling under the weather.

I would mention (and might record) anything that broke my house rules like hitting.

If I have to mention negatives I always try and find something positive to say too!

Miffy xx

Dragonfly
I believe in telling the truth, so if we have had a good day I would say that, and if we have had a not so good day I would tell her about it.whether that be the child has been whingy because of feeling unwell/teething etc or one has started to hit/be unkind.
If the child has ben a bit of a tinker I dont say too much as children aren't perfect and we all have off days.But being truthful is important I think.

Pipsqueak
for every 'bad' thing I tell parent I try to tell them at least two good things.

I try not to tell them every single negative....particuarly if I have dealt with it. for instance yesterday Mindee age 4 kept telling everyone to 'p*** off' - i dealt with it.... didn't tell parents, recorded it and if its a recurring theme then yes I will speak with parents.

If the babies have been a bit whingy whiney, then I might just say they were having a bit of an off day perhaps

angeldelight
24-05-2011, 06:59 AM
for every 'bad' thing I tell parent I try to tell them at least two good things.

I try not to tell them every single negative....particuarly if I have dealt with it. for instance yesterday Mindee age 4 kept telling everyone to 'p*** off' - i dealt with it.... didn't tell parents, recorded it and if its a recurring theme then yes I will speak with parents.

If the babies have been a bit whingy whiney, then I might just say they were having a bit of an off day perhaps

Same here

My parents ususally start talking about themselves anyway :laughing: :laughing:

Angel xx

nokidshere
24-05-2011, 11:03 AM
I only tell the parents about negative behaviour if it is something that is out of the normal for that particular child.

I don't think parents need to know every little detail unless it is unsual or out of character to be honest.

I always tell them the good stuff though and its nice to have the children leave on a positive note rather than a negative one.

sillysausage
24-05-2011, 05:11 PM
I give a brief run down of what we've done that day and tell the parents of anything out of the ordinary. Much of what I tell them will be in the daily diary but you never know if they read it or not.
When it comes to behaviour, like others I tend to stick to the positive, especially as the children are usually stood there listening. If there has been any kicking/biting etc then it will be in the daily diary/accident & incident book and as I will have dealt with it at the time, I don't see anything to be gained by the child possibly having a further telling off by mum and dad long after the event has been forgotten. With older children who no longer have a daily diary I will phone the parents later if I have any behavioural issues.