PDA

View Full Version : Rarely am I lost for words....BUT

VINASOL
23-05-2011, 06:58 PM
I needed some paracetamol for my son who is 8. So, went to ASDA pharmacy and this is the conversation that followed:

Me: I'd like some paracetamol for a child aged 8+.
Server: I'm afraid we've only got 6+.
Me: Well, that'll do then...it's a bit frustrating that you only sell paracetamol in-store for 2+ or something
Server: oh well, that's strange....but you can take this (the 6+) and the one upstairs (2+) then can't you.
Me: **blank look**

Hubbie and I had a great laugh about it later; he thought I was winding him up and I told him that I didn't have time to make this stuff up :jump for joy: :laughing:

edited for clarity (yes she really meant taking both medicines together)

emmadines
23-05-2011, 07:00 PM
I needed some paracetamol for my son who is 8. So, went to ASDA pharmacy and this is the conversation that followed:

Me: Well, that'll do then...it's a bit frustrating that you only sell paracetamol in-store for 2+ or something
Server: oh well, that's strange....but you can take this and the one upstairs then can't you.

Hubbie and I had a great laugh about it later; he thought I was winding him up and I told him that I didn't have time to make this stuff up :jump for joy: :laughing:

eh?????:idea:

snufflepuff
23-05-2011, 07:03 PM
Erm....do they mean you could buy a bottle of 6+ and a bottle of 2+ and that makes 8 so you can give both to your son?!

Trouble
23-05-2011, 07:04 PM
remind me never to ask asda pharmacy anything complicated!!!

VINASOL
23-05-2011, 07:04 PM
eh?????:idea:

I needed 8+ medicine but customer server in pharmacy said she only had 6+, and I had said they only had 2+ medicine in the main shop, so, by her logic I should give my 8 year old medicine from 6+ one and also medicine from the 2+ (6+2=8) lmao

emmadines
23-05-2011, 07:10 PM
I needed 8+ medicine but customer server in pharmacy said she only had 6+, and I had said they only had 2+ medicine in the main shop, so, by her logic I should give my 8 year old medicine from 6+ one and also medicine from the 2+ (6+2=8) lmao

it was the last bit that lost me lol

Ripeberry
23-05-2011, 07:17 PM
But surely, they will only sell you one bottle? But still :laughing:

flowerpots
23-05-2011, 07:34 PM
:laughing: :panic: :laughing: :panic:

Soooo funny, i dont know wether to laugh or be gob smacked though to be honest. Do you think she just had a funny sense of humour? :panic:

Milli147
23-05-2011, 07:37 PM
Omg. That is actually quite scary...:rolleyes:

Katiekoo
23-05-2011, 07:40 PM
What a muppet!?! :laughing:
At least their maths is correct I suppose!

alwaysright
23-05-2011, 07:42 PM
what a dope!! i do hope she was an assistant and not the pharmacist otherwise i think she would need reporting to the gmc or whoever controls them!! :laughing:

miffy
23-05-2011, 08:30 PM
Scary - someone might actually believe her and give both! :eek:

Miffy xx

littletreasures
23-05-2011, 08:56 PM
That is so funny, but so scary at the same time:eek:

onceinabluemoon
23-05-2011, 09:29 PM
Was she joking? If not I would report her to the manager, imagine if she said that you a parent who was not as well educated and they did give a child both. What a stupid person!!!

Lawwa
23-05-2011, 09:54 PM
Glad I am not the only one that finds her logic unnerving. There are a lot of people out there who aren't switched on enough to work out that wouldn't be a good idea. :panic:

At least she provided you with a giggle!!! :laughing:

AliceK
24-05-2011, 08:48 AM
Was she joking? If not I would report her to the manager, imagine if she said that you a parent who was not as well educated and they did give a child both. What a stupid person!!!

Agree. That's actually really bad that someone working on the pharmacy section could tell you that :eek:

xxx

angeldelight
24-05-2011, 08:51 AM
remind me never to ask asda pharmacy anything complicated!!!

Same here ha ha

Angel xx

little chickee
24-05-2011, 11:41 AM
What do i give my 11yo then?!!

georgie456
24-05-2011, 11:48 AM

Server: oh well, that's strange....but you can take this (the 6+) and the one upstairs (2+) then can't you.

edited for clarity (yes she really meant taking both medicines together)

That is hilarious but scary at the same time.
Some people would follow a pharmacists advice to the letter :panic:
Thank god for common sense LOL!

louise
24-05-2011, 12:40 PM
Thats really bad. Where was the Pharmacist? Even if the assistant was training someone else should be shadowing the trainee. One of the first things I was taught was about painkillers ect. I too would complain if they can make that much of a mistake about that what else could they mistake?