PDA

View Full Version : Not all inspectors are the same

Pauline
29-04-2008, 03:19 PM
One thing to consider is that what one inspector likes another might not.

I remember a post on here about a nursery (think it was Angel who posted) and the inspector said they should not do themes about space as children could not understand the concept.

Well my inspector thought our theme about the planets and the solar system was wonderful, so it goes to show they are different.

She loved the way the children only had to be told 'hand wash time' and they all trouped off to the bathroom, including the 18 month old! She said it was so obvious that it was part of their daily routine.

One important thing - DON'T add anything new on the day of the inspection just to impress, the children will notice and probably say something like "why are we doing this?" it will then be obvious that it is not part of your normal practice.

if you want to read my report you can see it here:

http://www.childmindingforum.co.uk/report.html

Mollymop
29-04-2008, 03:41 PM
Thanks for your help Pauline.X

angeldelight
29-04-2008, 10:01 PM
Very good point Pauline

Angel xx

disney
30-04-2008, 12:36 PM
thats true pauline , when i had mine i did the same as we always do .as i think children do get into a routine & any thing different they are sure to question , and that could be a little bit of a :o

ma7ie
30-04-2008, 12:48 PM
You are right Pauline. I only wiped children's hands with wipes after nappy change and the inspector was happy with that but somebody else was critisised for not washing their mindees hands.

I too didn't change my routine and even put the TV on for a little while when a favourite programme was on.

miffy
07-05-2008, 02:11 PM
Good points made there Pauline especially about changing your routine on the day - must be a dead giveaway knowing what children are like

miffy xx

NikNak
14-05-2008, 01:52 PM
One thing to consider is that what one inspector likes another might not.

I remember a post on here about a nursery (think it was Angel who posted) and the inspector said they should not do themes about space as children could not understand the concept.

Well my inspector thought our theme about the planets and the solar system was wonderful, so it goes to show they are different.

She loved the way the children only had to be told 'hand wash time' and they all trouped off to the bathroom, including the 18 month old! She said it was so obvious that it was part of their daily routine.

One important thing - DON'T add anything new on the day of the inspection just to impress, the children will notice and probably say something like "why are we doing this?" it will then be obvious that it is not part of your normal practice.

if you want to read my report you can see it here:

http://www.childmindingforum.co.uk/report.html

I have just read your report Pauline and It's amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I cant ever imagine getting such positive comments from anyone with regards to my setting. It has really got me thinking though and I hope will help me with my first inspection due any day. Thank you.x

Pauline
14-05-2008, 03:23 PM
I have just read your report Pauline and It's amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I cant ever imagine getting such positive comments from anyone with regards to my setting. It has really got me thinking though and I hope will help me with my first inspection due any day. Thank you.x

That's really kind thanks :)

Hope it does help and good luck! :thumbsup: