PDA

View Full Version : feeling deflated

JCrakers
23-05-2011, 08:54 AM
:(
Ive had no enquiries since Nov and I have two little ones leaving for school soon so I'm needing a)a playmate for my 2.5yr old mindee and b)the money.

I found a parent on childcare last week and sent her a message, also tried her phone but she didnt answer so I left her a voicemail. In my email I told her of all the nice things we do etc and detailed lots of info/qualifications etc. but heard nothing...not even returned my call.
The day after I had an email of another parent who's little one would be perfect so as she didnt leave her number I wrote her an email back and left my number for her to get in touch..this was Thursday.
Ive heard nothing....now i'm thinking why??? and starting to feel deflated about the whole thing. There must be a reason why two parents havent replied.:panic:

I know its only been 4days but dont know why someone wouldnt return a voicemail.
Feeling poo
Becky x

happydays1
23-05-2011, 10:50 AM
Hi, Hugs to you, i am exactly the same, messaged a couple of people and no reply and had three no shows in the last two weeks,:(

marnieb
23-05-2011, 11:28 AM
1 - dont take it personally. I dont know why these parents dont even have the time to reply with a quick 'no thank you I've got my childcare sorted'. I've messaged about 20 mums on childcare.co.uk in the last month, only getting somewhere with 1 mum, but that's only 3 after school days a week, and only one who had the decency to reply and say they were moving out of the area.

2 - ALWAYS take a mobile number, and for any no shows send them a text to see if they're interested. if you dont hear back from the text them you can be sure they wont bother getting in touch with you again!!!