PDA

View Full Version : Learning to share activities

lou246
23-05-2011, 08:47 AM
Hiya :)

Just wondered if anyone can suggest some activities based on learning to share?
I have a new starter who is 5 but is really struggling to share anything at all, I feel as though I should have two of everything :laughing:

She only wants what others have got then once she has them and caused tears and arguments she then doesn't want them after all!

So....if anyone can share with me :laughing: some activities that I could do with the children I would hugely appreciate it!

Thank you :)

sarah707
23-05-2011, 06:32 PM
Board games are great for promoting turn taking... a sand timer might be helpful... we have sharing books which we regularly read with all the children as well.

Hth :D

miffy
23-05-2011, 08:12 PM
You could try giving him some responsibility too like sharing out the pieces of fruit at snack time so everyone has the same amount.

Miffy xx

The Juggler
23-05-2011, 08:46 PM
i agree - board games, craft activities with lots of supplies but where they have to pass each other something, i.e. different colours, glues, scissors??

for outdoor or larger toys that you only have one of - def. the sandtimer idea. I use my oven clock as it beeps loudly so they know when to change.:thumbsup:

lou246
24-05-2011, 12:30 PM
that's great thank you! Tried out taking turns on the trampoline and it worked a treat, used my oven timer! Going to find some good board games now!

Thanks as always xxx