PDA

View Full Version : Is this a good idea?

handeme
23-05-2011, 08:31 AM
I am currently minding a 1 year old as well as my own children who are 1 & 4.

I do weekly planning, where we will go what messy activities we will do, it is very loose planning though my problem is it is so repetative so I had this idea.

A monthly plan, I would indicate was baby groups/soft play we will be going to at the top and on which days.
Then I will list actvities for the month and the area of the EYFS they link too.

I know we dont have to have monthly topics esp since my mindee is only 1 but how does a book and a rhyme of the month sound?

c x

sarah707
23-05-2011, 06:34 PM
If it works for you then that's the most important thing!

I have weekly planning mostly following children's interests but also slotting in activities related to the time of year, weather, celebrations etc.

Whatever you find easiest to work with is best. Why not try it for a few months? You can always change things if it's not working.

Don't forget to write it into your SEF that you are reflecting on your planning and evaluate how things are going :D

handeme
25-05-2011, 06:36 AM
thank you x

miffy
25-05-2011, 06:43 AM

how does a book and a rhyme of the month sound?

c x

Sounds good but you might find you need to change them more often than once a month - suppose it depends how many days a week lo is with you.

Miffy xx

handeme
25-05-2011, 08:12 AM
lo is here 5 days, what a proposed to do was have a book and rhyme as a theme but obviously do other books and rhymes throughout the week/days.

for instance we are off to chester zoo to take part in the big toddle in early july so i thought an animal themed book and rhyme would be good for june?

c x

FussyElmo
25-05-2011, 08:53 AM
You may get fed up of the book/rhyme/song if its a monthly thing.

I always do it weekly and then I know I hopefully wont have to read it again for a while :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: