PDA

View Full Version : following on from my last thread x

peach
23-05-2011, 07:59 AM
re the quickest interview Ive ever had.

Mum said the little one would be here with her partner at 8 am today.

Got a phone call at 9.30pm last night to say that he couldnt drop off the little one as he was taking his bike to work so her daugter 13 would drop him off on the way - so far so good.

well they got here at 8.05 with the little one as well as an 8yr old who was apparently getting a taxi to school from mine.

so the 13 yr old goes to school and the 8 yr old waits for his taxi.
The taxi come and he says to me I have no money for the taxi :eek: cost me £4

Toothfairy
23-05-2011, 08:07 AM
:eek: :angry: I think this all needs nipping in the bud quickly!!!

Was the 13yr old down on contract to drop off? What if something had happened if the 8yr old while in your care waiting for the taxi, as no contract in place for them and make sure you get your £4 back.

Some parents just don't have a clue do they. You poor thing, what a start.
I think some very strong words with parents are needed, make sure you start as you mean to go on.

Good luck poppet :thumbsup:

snufflepuff
23-05-2011, 08:18 AM
Crikey! What a situation to be put in!
I certainly wouldn't want the 8 year old coming again, not without a contract in place (and payment for the time too). I'm not sure about the 13 year old dropping off either- that's quite young to be responsible for an 8 year old and the little one too (not sure how old she is?) even for a short time. I'm not sure where we stand with things like that- i'd want it to be someone over 16 at least!

I'd want my £4 back too!

chrissie250
23-05-2011, 08:21 AM
Im sorry but i think i would be refusing anymore care until the full contract is signed and would be asking for my £4 back asap and also making parents aware that you do not work at 9.30pm at night and she should have rearranged her plans not yours...........what if you had not got the message! and i do not accept collection or drop off from anyone under the age of 16 yrs old, be careful x

i hope you get it sorted very soon x

ORKSIE
23-05-2011, 08:38 AM
Be careful......dont let this family walk all over you.

I also agree re the 8 yo .

Hope you have a good day with LO :)

DIPPY DOUGHNUT
23-05-2011, 09:01 AM
i thought that you couldnt start minding a child until a contract had been signed? Also I thought that a child had to be dropped off by someone aged 16 or over?

peach
23-05-2011, 10:49 AM
C an I just point out as there seems to be some confusion
I DO have a contract for this child its a short term contract, as thats all I could get her to sign last night, and its fine to use it I rang ofstead this morning and as long as I have the full contract compleated before the end of this one im covered.

and I also asked about his sister and as long as she is 13 and his sibling she is leagally allowed to babysit and as long as written permission is obtained from the parent which it is then she is okay to walk him round (they live 2 streets from me) not ideal but I know. mum starts her new contract of 9 - 5s starts june 6th so will be dropping him off on the way ti work.

The problem I have was the 8 yr old I had no idia he was even comming yet alone getting in a taxi and me paying for it!

I txt mum saying she needs to leave 15 mins tonight so we can discus this because if she is to have the taxi come from mine she needs to tell me and give me the money and sign some permission slips to cover me.

peach
23-05-2011, 10:51 AM
Be careful......dont let this family walk all over you.

I also agree re the 8 yo .

Hope you have a good day with LO :)

thanks, so far so goog lol he has settled in fine in fact youd think hed been here ages lol

ORKSIE
23-05-2011, 12:42 PM
thanks, so far so goog lol he has settled in fine in fact youd think hed been here ages lol

Ahhh thats good:thumbsup:

xx

The Juggler
23-05-2011, 01:18 PM
Im sorry but i think i would be refusing anymore care until the full contract is signed and would be asking for my £4 back asap and also making parents aware that you do not work at 9.30pm at night and she should have rearranged her plans not yours...........what if you had not got the message! and i do not accept collection or drop off from anyone under the age of 16 yrs old, be careful x

i hope you get it sorted very soon x

I agree, just tell them you could get your registration taken away for allowing a minor to drop off two such young children and for allowing the 8 year old to go to school on their own with no permissions in place.

Ring now and ask her round tonight or half hour before contracted drop off tomorrow as you want to speak about this AND have contracts signed. Tell her next time you willl not be able to accept children dropped by the 13 year old or take the 8 year old in unless she wishes to contract for before school care. :angry:

poor you. oh and yes, don't forget to get your money back.

Helen79
23-05-2011, 02:03 PM
It sounds like mum doesn't really know how childminder's work. I'd talk to her tonight to explain it and find out exactly what chreildca she needs.
I'd be happy to let the 8year old get a taxi to school but would charge for before school care.
I think there's no legal age for babysitting or is that children being left alone? I think it's down to parental judgement rather than the law so think ofsted have got their info mixed up. I would worry about how long the 13year old was looking after them in the morning before coming to you. If you open earlier does mum know that and maybe she could drop them to you earlier?

Flisspaps
24-05-2011, 11:05 AM
How did you get on with speaking to Mum last night?

peach
24-05-2011, 09:08 PM
How did you get on with speaking to Mum last night?

great thanks hun x

full contract done :thumbsup:
The taxi money was an accident the 13 yr old took it to school by mistake.

I typed up a permission slip for mum to sign to say she is happy with the 13 yr old dropping/picking him up and that my responsibility doesnt start untill he arives and finishes when he leaves my house as does the responsibility for the child in the taxi,

mum was happy and so am I lol x

flowerpots
25-05-2011, 06:29 AM
great thanks hun x

full contract done :thumbsup:
The taxi money was an accident the 13 yr old took it to school by mistake.

I typed up a permission slip for mum to sign to say she is happy with the 13 yr old dropping/picking him up and that my responsibility doesnt start untill he arives and finishes when he leaves my house as does the responsibility for the child in the taxi,

mum was happy and so am I lol x

Glad its all working out nicely hun, glad shes not a cheeky moo who just didnt send the money too lol. :thumbsup:

Flisspaps
25-05-2011, 07:23 AM
You should be charging her for the 8 year old whilst he is at your house too - minimum of an hour's fee - he's still in your care whilst he's there!