PDA

View Full Version : Little one just had a bump

lady boss
29-04-2008, 01:35 PM
Hi all,

I'm feeling really awful as little boy i care for just had a bump to the side of his eye. I feel so bad because i didnt see what happened. It was starting to rain so i just made a dash for the front door to bring the buggy in and he was crying. He was stood by tv, i swooped him up for a cuddle and noticed he had a little bump by his eye. I gave him cuddles and cold compress and am just about to fill in accident form. My question is..What should i write on part what was happening leading up to accident? Also i'm scared parents will think me bad as i was out of the room. Thanks x

Mags
29-04-2008, 01:51 PM
Hi,
I know what you mean by feeling bad. One of my mindees had a bump just above his eye last week. I also was in another room (getting lunch ready) I could see and hear the children but unfortunately couldn't act fast enough to prevent the fall.

I would just write it down as it was...we do our best with children in our care but we are not super-human, these things happen.

deeb66
29-04-2008, 02:02 PM
I agree with Mags

These sorts of things happen!

Always best to be completely honest.

sarah707
29-04-2008, 02:34 PM
Lots of times I have had to say I'm not sure what happened... you are allowed to take your eyes off them for a second! :D

lady boss
29-04-2008, 02:37 PM
Thanks Guys, hopefully they will understand x

Michelle M
29-04-2008, 07:22 PM
I am sure the parents will be fine, I feel terrible when I have to get a parent to sign the accident form, they ask how they done it and I feel like they are questioning me in a bad way, I know they arent really :)

jaja
29-04-2008, 07:33 PM
dont feel bad, noone can keep there eyes on kids 24 7, even parents! Plus all children will at some point bump their bodies somewhere. Dont feel bad and am sure the parents dont blame you either. xxxx

Delly
29-04-2008, 07:48 PM
these things happen all the time with little ones usually when your back is turned for that split second too.. I'm sure honesty is the best policy, hope your ok and the little one is too.