PDA

View Full Version : Malicious complaints

Mouse
22-05-2011, 07:35 PM
If you've ever had a malicious complaint made against you, have you managed to find out who made it?

A friend has been reported, Ofsted agree there is no complaint & obviously she wants to know who it is.

Any suggestions?

solly
22-05-2011, 07:41 PM
I hope your friend is ok

I have had a few complaints made against me and one was really bad ofsted found nothing I tried to find out who it was through the Freedom of information act but hit a brick wall as they were covered with the confidentiality law Its one big joke and not fair to us childminders. I hope your friend has more luck than i did

Hebs
22-05-2011, 07:46 PM
if its malicious then you legally have the right to know who made it

i managed to work out who reported me (well by the nature of the complaint it was obvious) and i'm in the process of taking legal action for slander and defimation of character :thumbsup:

PixiePetal
22-05-2011, 07:46 PM
I had a major issue and asked about freedom of information act - it seems I can find out what was said but not by whom - what's the point of that?

I cut the possible people out of my life, as I know it is one of a group of 4 people, their loss - all was unfounded.

Mouse
22-05-2011, 07:49 PM
Thanks Solly. She's devastated, understandably.

It does seem very unfair that a complaint can be made with no come back on the person who made it.

Mouse
22-05-2011, 07:55 PM
Thanks Hebs & Pixie

She has an idea of who it might be, so might just have to dig a bit deeper.

alwaysright
22-05-2011, 10:00 PM
i had a complaint made against me a few years ago and knew who it was just from the info that was given, the inspector said she believed it was malicious but wasnt actually allowed to put that word in the report and simply wrote childminder continues to meet all standards and no actions will be taken, they also wouldnt tell me who made the complaint so i could never find out.

i understand how your friend feels, i was devastated and very nearly jacked the job in because i felt people could do this to us and we are like sitting ducks, even though mine was unfounded it went on my next report and stayed for three years, at least now if they are unfounded that doesnt happen. even if she got a name from them it would change nothing so hopefully she can move on and get dtronger from it. hope she feels better soon x

flowerpots
23-05-2011, 05:21 AM
Hope your friend feels better soon.

xxxxxxxxx

loocyloo
23-05-2011, 08:29 AM
i had an anonymous complaint.

i found out several years later when she was heard boasting to someone in the playground about ''all those childminders i shopped'' :eek: its very sad, she was then looking for childcare, and not one childminder had vacancy ;)

when my complaint came through, there had been a spate of malicious complaints about local childminders, all unfounded. at the time i had this person on my 'suspect' list, but could never find out.
hugs to your friend, it was a horrible time.

tinkerbelle
23-05-2011, 08:31 AM
iv had 13 complaints since september 2009 i found out exactly who they were from my soon to be ex hubby who i seperated from in september 2009 reasons for them he wants the house and sees if i get complaints i wont get parents and will loose my home despite us having 3 kids together and him havin the affair that split us up
ofsted know they are from him and know he hasnt seen me since september 2009 and now write to me regarding any complaints he makes as they have all been unfounded

bandlady
23-05-2011, 09:10 AM
I also had an anonymous complaint made against me three years ago.

I had a good idea who it was but could never get any proof. Went down the Freedom of Information Act route but like someone else has said only managed to get to see what had been written did not get to see who sent it.

At the time I was ready just to throw the towel in and give up on a childminding career of over twenty years but with the support of friends and the parents of the children that I was minding at the time I decided to carry on and I am so glad that I did.

Hugs to your friend, give her lots of support because her confidence has been knocked and she will need it.

Denise