PDA

View Full Version : Dogs

Kel04
22-05-2011, 12:09 PM
Hi..not posted for a while but need to vent my anger.

I have two lab puppies that I bought for a Xmas pressie for my dd. Before the dogs arrived I advised all my parents that I was getting dogs and none of them seemed to have a problem with that. I advised them all that they would be gated in the kitchen while the lo's were with me (however, now the better weather is here I do have to let the dogs out in the garden but the children are supervised at all times; both dogs tend to keep themselves to themselves while in the garden and aren't interested in the lo's). I have a risk assessment in place also and I am having a gate made and fitted in the garden to separate the lo's and the dogs.

However, I have received a text today from parent to ask how much notice to give because she is not happy with the "dog situation" and that she wasn't happy from the beginning (she's never made any suggestion that she didn't want little one coming with dogs here and also said she was looking to get a lab puppy herself :( ). I'm so upset, angry and anxious especially as I have just noticed that yesterday she has placed an ad on childcare site saying she is having problems with her childminder; I wasn't aware we were having problems.

I don't know what to do now; I feel so hurt and angry and to be honest wish I'd never become a Childminder in the first place, I've just had nothing but problems it seems with non-payments and parents bringing their children while ill when they've been asked not to and now this:panic:

miss mopple
22-05-2011, 12:17 PM
Oh what a shame that she didn't see fit to talk to you first :(

Unfortunately there probably isn't much you can do if she has made her mind up. Hopefully the next set of parents you work with will love the dogs and see how beneficial they are to the children

x

Kel04
22-05-2011, 12:27 PM
Oh what a shame that she didn't see fit to talk to you first :(

Unfortunately there probably isn't much you can do if she has made her mind up. Hopefully the next set of parents you work with will love the dogs and see how beneficial they are to the children

x

I did reply her text earlier advising of how much notice and that I understand but I'm just so annoyed (and feeling pretty tearful :crying: ) that she's put we are having problems, I wasn't aware we were. I just feel like throwing in the towel (and wish I didn't have to work the 4 week notice period)

Stew....pid
22-05-2011, 12:30 PM
We have a Great Dane and parents are made aware of this on first contact call so its up to them if they wish to pursue our services, we have never had a problem and all the children love him and he loves all the children and greets them at the door every morning, when OFSTED visit he does what he always does which is just lay on his settee and watch the world go by, i think we are lucky as all our mindee's except for 1 come from a home with a dog. i know our situation is different as we had the dog before the current mindee's but dont give up theres thousands will want your service regardless of the dogs :)

missnaughty
22-05-2011, 12:31 PM
I did reply her text earlier advising of how much notice and that I understand but I'm just so annoyed (and feeling pretty tearful :crying: ) that she's put we are having problems, I wasn't aware we were. I just feel like throwing in the towel (and wish I didn't have to work the 4 week notice period)

Sending you (((((HUGS)))))

Even though you have a 4 week notice period in place could you not say you can get out of it now to the parent (I am not familiar with the legal side). I personally would not want a 4 week notice period with someone who obviously can not be honest with you from the begining.

xxxx

Kel04
22-05-2011, 12:35 PM
We have a Great Dane and parents are made aware of this on first contact call so its up to them if they wish to pursue our services, we have never had a problem and all the children love him and he loves all the children and greets them at the door every morning, when OFSTED visit he does what he always does which is just lay on his settee and watch the world go by, i think we are lucky as all our mindee's except for 1 come from a home with a dog. i know our situation is different as we had the dog before the current mindee's but dont give up theres thousands will want your service regardless of the dogs :)

Thanks for the reply. Parent said worried dogs will knock little one over but they are locked away in kitchen all day behind gate and also door is shut so little ones can't pass toys etc through to dogs and can watch pups through glass. :eek:

Kel04
22-05-2011, 12:39 PM
Sending you (((((HUGS)))))

Even though you have a 4 week notice period in place could you not say you can get out of it now to the parent (I am not familiar with the legal side). I personally would not want a 4 week notice period with someone who obviously can not be honest with you from the begining.

xxxx

Not sure either; trouble is if I say you can get out of it now she may not pay me notice period although to be honest I'm that stressed I'm thinking of going without payment from someone who obviously has a problem with me is the least of my worries (plus lo is only here two mornings a week and even then I seem to get texts every other week saying don't need you both days this week)

Tinglesnark
22-05-2011, 12:42 PM
I would feel exactly the same but i suppose that maybe she decided not to say anything to you so that she could see how it went with the dogs. I know its hurtful as they are your babies and ive had trouble over my lab pup too BUT so many people are afraid and distrusting of dogs these days :(

I would say to her that she has to pay the required notice period but that it is with immediate effect as you can no longer work with her after discovering that she has posted those comments about you online for all to see without discussing her issues with you first.

Good luck and keep your pecker up!

x

Kel04
22-05-2011, 12:48 PM
I would feel exactly the same but i suppose that maybe she decided not to say anything to you so that she could see how it went with the dogs. I know its hurtful as they are your babies and ive had trouble over my lab pup too BUT so many people are afraid and distrusting of dogs these days :(

I would say to her that she has to pay the required notice period but that it is with immediate effect as you can no longer work with her after discovering that she has posted those comments about you online for all to see without discussing her issues with you first.

Good luck and keep your pecker up!

x

Don't think she'd pay though and to be honest I am such a worrier that I'd be stressed that she'd cause problems for me such as complain to Ofsted etc. Only got lo one day this week (received text earlier to say dad off tommorrow so don't need me) then next week two days then they away for week then back for two days. She's going to know that I've seen her comment anyway once she logs in to Childcare site and sees who's looked at her...maybe she'll just decide not to bring him.

missnaughty
22-05-2011, 02:35 PM
Don't think she'd pay though and to be honest I am such a worrier that I'd be stressed that she'd cause problems for me such as complain to Ofsted etc. Only got lo one day this week (received text earlier to say dad off tommorrow so don't need me) then next week two days then they away for week then back for two days. She's going to know that I've seen her comment anyway once she logs in to Childcare site and sees who's looked at her...maybe she'll just decide not to bring him.

Bless ya I would say to her keep your money and lets forget the 4 week notice period. x