PDA

View Full Version : providing food

mr man
22-05-2011, 11:32 AM
i am thinking of changing the way i provide food, and i am not always good with words.

As of week commencing 30th June 2011 I will be providing a cooked meal at lunch time ( a list if these is below) and then later in the day I will offer a cold snack of …. ….. …..

I have chose to change this for a number of reasons, firstly it will make after school time more focused to an activity that I can be involved with and also a more social friendly atmosphere while everyone is together. Also the school children have a cooked dinner at lunchtime; this is a hot meal so therefore I think that having a lighter snack later will be a better option to encourage a healthy and more varied diet.

Doing it this way will also give parents the option to have a cooked meal at home as a family.

Also as I do vary meals and snacks to all the children’s preference, there are times where children are not keen on things, and as a lot of food is being left, not eaten and wasted.

Please can you provide me with a list of things your children like, or the things you usually get in for them, and then I will be happy to provide some of these.

do i make sense and any other ideas to make a less stressful day - regarding food prep will be great too.

thanks.

singingcactus
22-05-2011, 02:05 PM
It makes good sense :) . That's how I used to do it too, when i provided food, and what I will do once I have moved to the next place again.

miffy
22-05-2011, 02:14 PM
You could always involve the children in preparing their own tea - mine love making sandwiches, pizza etc - this can be an activity in itself :thumbsup:

Miffy xx

mr man
22-05-2011, 05:34 PM
thanks, and yes a another good reason for changing around thanks miffy.

chrissie250
22-05-2011, 07:52 PM
I found providing tea was a ball ache, so i gave it up, if there was not children wasting food, they were not hungry or my biggest bug bear, i would slave over do them a lovely tea and then they would go home and have tea aswell with their family, and i decided i would much prefer the children to enjoy their family time together over their evening meal at home, it also saves me alot of messing about with food and i can now concentrate on different activities with the children rather than juggling 15 jobs at once!!!!! which i think i still do but not based around food!!!! :)