PDA

View Full Version : NVQ interview

hello kitty
29-04-2008, 12:47 PM
I have just had a call from my local college regarding the NVQ and I have to go for an interview to see if I am suitable for the course. Does everyone have to attend an interview and if so what will they want to know?

She said she wanted to see my CRB clearance forms which will be interesting as I have filed them somewhere safe!!!!!!! Not sure where now - do you think my current Ofsted reg cert will suffice???

sarah707
29-04-2008, 02:38 PM
I think if they ask for CRB form then that's probably what they mean! Can you find it do you think?? :panic:

hello kitty
29-04-2008, 02:46 PM
I rang Ofsted and as I was registered before 2001 (and before Ofsted existed) then CRB was called a police check and would be with the local authority and I would therefore not have a copy. She seemed to think my Ofsted reg cert would be sufficient and I confirmed with her that if I was to have an inspection tomorrow they (Ofted) would be happy with this and she agreed. I must admit it has never been an issue with previous inspections.

There I am worrying again (unnecessarily). :rolleyes:

What will they ask me though at this interview???

nell57
30-04-2008, 07:41 PM
Hi Kitty

Yes I had an interview before I started my NVQ. They asked me to write a short piece of work ( a4 size), but cant remember what it was about now:o But it was something along the lines similar to doing units on the icp. Then they asked me basic questions on child care and what I did planning wise (long/med/short term)

I applied to do my nvq because my early years department were putting on courses with the transformation fund, so they were assessing if we were suited to doing nvq level 2 or 3 and our basic literacy knowledge.

Cant remember having to take my crb neither, but then again my development officer was also sitting in on the interview, so obviously she new I was registered with a crb.

Good luck with your interview, when do you have it?

Helen

hello kitty
30-04-2008, 09:46 PM
Thanks Helen, my interview is on the 6th May. Hope I don't have to write an essay then! Will let you know what happens.

miffy
30-04-2008, 09:56 PM
I had an interview too but it was more of an informal chat - think the only writing I had to do was a few lines on why I wanted to do the course so don't worry

Good luck - i'm sure you'll be fine

miffy xx

nell57
01-05-2008, 01:13 PM
Thanks Helen, my interview is on the 6th May. Hope I don't have to write an essay then! Will let you know what happens.

I did have to do the writing there and then, but was allowed to take notes in with me. They didn't stay in the room while I did it, was on my own, so felt a lot less pressurised.

This been said, as we have learnt on this forum, different areas have different ways doing things so this might not be the case for you.

Good luck and let us know how you go on, I'm sure you will be fine

Helen

jaz
03-05-2008, 08:15 AM
Hope the interview goes well, I must admit I didnt have one so I wouldnt know what to expect, but hope it goes well.

Keep us updated

M
x

manjay
03-05-2008, 08:25 AM
I had my interview on Thursday sat at my kitchen table! I didn't have to do any essay writing but I did have a 20 min Literacy and Numeracy test (to see if I needed extra support). My chat was very informal but then all mine will be done at home and I won't set foot inside the college. She was also assessing which level I should do. She suggested I could start on level 4 as I play a large part in running the local playgroup. Needless to say I thought level 3 was the best place for me to start:eek:

Hope your interview goes well

amanda xx