PDA

View Full Version : Tracker? & long term planning

Louise0208
21-05-2011, 05:47 PM
3 questions...... blooming EYFS again, iv lost serious sleep this week because of it....

1.....i was speaking to another CM a few days back & i was asking advice about planning as so far iv not needed to do any & need to start from monday.

she said she didnt do anything like that she just ticked a tracker chart when the child had reached a certain goal.

does the tracker counter-act the planning/learning journey?

if so why cant i do that instead....it sounds so much easier :laughing:

2..... i have made (a rather cool:D ) planning record book, iv decided to do weekly planning with a new theme each week, (i only have the Early years children 2 hours a day) ....Do i HAVE to do longer term planning? i have calender with birthdays, multifaith festivals etc built into the book & will be including these in my weeks.

3. my 2 new early years startees will be going part time school in september, they will be getting LJ etc at school, will i need to continue with everything still for the few hours i have them?

Chatterbox Childcare
21-05-2011, 06:35 PM
Keep going as you are show the lj - tracker books are tick sheets and don't show any evidence.

I don't do weekly planning - I have a lose plan for the month and we change it as we go along

You are responsible for the EYFS until the 31st August after the childs 5th birthday, essentially end of summer holidays after their reception year. I would keep the LJ until then

Louise0208
21-05-2011, 06:43 PM
You are responsible for the EYFS until the 31st August after the childs 5th birthday, essentially end of summer holidays after their reception year. I would keep the LJ until then

would i still need to do planning?

sorry im a bit dense :o

sarah707
21-05-2011, 07:56 PM
would i still need to do planning?

sorry im a bit dense :o

Yes you need to observe, assess and plan for all children in the Eyfs age group.

However a part time child doesn't need as much paperwork as a full timer.

Hth :D

Louise0208
21-05-2011, 08:37 PM
thanks for that....its all a bit clearer now :blush: