PDA

View Full Version : how long??

mushpea
21-05-2011, 10:29 AM
would you take to do the hungery caterpillar theme
I am thinking of doing the theme the hungery caterpillar,, I have found lots of ideas but wonded how long people made it last for,, I was thinking I could do a week of caterpillar and a week of butterfly starting next we but its fitting it all in cause we have 1 wk then its half term and most of my mindees are term time only so do you think if I did the week before half term as the caterpillar then the week after half term the butterfly that this would be ok? cant do it for the two weeks after half term because then theres 1 wk then its fathers day then I have other themes planned

KimW
21-05-2011, 10:36 AM
I'd do it for as long as the children are interested and gaining from it. Tbh a week seems fine.
:)

Toothfairy
21-05-2011, 12:40 PM
I had this as my theme last week.
I had planned for it to just take up the week but it has crept into this week too with the children still talking about it, drawing, singing the caterpillar/butterfly songs etc

I just go with the flow of the children. :thumbsup:

tulip0803
21-05-2011, 09:34 PM
As Toothfairy said continue it if the children are still interested. Excellent way of showing child led activities and planning.:thumbsup:

AnnieM
22-05-2011, 05:15 PM
I did this the other year, we made it last a month, incorporated healthy eating and lots of other caterpillar/insect books etc. I am doing the caterpillar/butterfly theme now, but only very loosely as I have kind of got fed up with themes a bit. :o We are doing the butterfly hatching activity at the moment, hence looking at caterpillars and butterflies.