PDA

View Full Version : Autism course

Tickles
29-04-2008, 12:14 PM
Hi all,
just thought i would reccommend this great course that i went on last night, Autism.

None of the children i care for or know are Autistic, but i thought it would be a good course to go & i was right.

I have so much more of a clearer understanding of this condition & how much it effects the children.
It actually effects boys more & basically out of 4 Autistic children, 3 will be boys & 1 a girl!

I feel that i have gained so much valuable information from it, that i will be recommending any childminder who has the opportunity to do it, should do.

You never know when or if you will come across it, but will help if prepared.

Joanne

sarah707
29-04-2008, 12:31 PM
Thank you for that Joanne... it's definitely an area I want to learn more about! :D

Gherkin
29-04-2008, 07:43 PM
They do not seem to do this course near me but would love to attend if they did.

Think it might be very useful as one of the children I care for has ADHD and his TA at school thinks he has been misdiagnosed and has autism (she has done lots of work with autistic children). Bless him he had a good day today but the bad days are hard.

angeldelight
29-04-2008, 10:43 PM
It sounds like a course I went on and it was very good

I have a child with autism and the course really helped me understand it more

Thanks for that

Angel xx

charleyfarley
30-04-2008, 06:08 AM
Sounds interesting

Definately a course for the future

Carol xx

Tickles
30-04-2008, 07:32 AM
Thats a pity if they dont do it in your area, as it is a fantastic course, very knowlageable.

I know in my area it is hard to get on & its run by our council in the voluntary training calendar.

I didnt realise how hard & confusing it must be for autistic children & what they have to go through with sensitive hearing etc

Anyway i would highly reccommend it to anyone that has the chance

disney
30-04-2008, 08:31 AM
sounds very useful , i also dont care for any children with this . but would be interested in doing it have not seen one in my area eigher , well not yet anyway . it could be good for me as my sons best mate does have adhd and hes coming on holiday with us in september .

any how really glad you enjoyed the course &well done :) x

elaineg
02-05-2008, 09:04 AM
I was booked to go on that course but it was cancelled due to lack of interest, Im hoping they try again with it as I really wanted to go.

love elaine xx