PDA

View Full Version : Would you feel guilty?

snufflepuff
20-05-2011, 05:10 PM
My partner and I have decided to start trying for a baby, not yet but towards the end of this year.
I have one mindee at the moment, 2 more starting next month, and a family came to visit today who seemed very keen on sending thier baby to me.
I feel a bit bad for them all. I don't just mean because i'll be going on maternity leave- when I was pregnant with my son I was very ill with something called hyperemesis gravidarum, and spent alot of time in hospital. Chances are I will get it again, and will probably have to give up work because obviously I won't e able to keep letting the parents down.
Should I feel guilty or am I being silly?!

sarah707
20-05-2011, 05:23 PM
You must put yourself and your family first - every time!

However if you want to run a successful childminding business then you need to factor in the effect your pregnancy will have on that and how practical things like finances will cope if you have to take time off and possibly start recruiting for new children all over again.

On a personal level you should also consider with your partner how he and your son will cope if mummy is in hospital for prolonged periods.

I am sure it will work out for you xx

caz3007
20-05-2011, 06:04 PM
I just googled the condition you had in your last pregnancy and my sister had it in her first and was fine in her second. So I hope you dont suffer so much next time.

As to the feeling guilty, dont, you have to do whats best for your family. Although Sarah is right about pointing out the financial implications to your family. Its not something I would want to start up again from scratch, but then I have completed my family

Good luck :D

The Juggler
20-05-2011, 06:53 PM
good advice already. also honey, we've all gotta work. We never know how long it'll take us to get pregnant. You can't turn away all work between now and getting pregnant. Even if you start trying and get pregnant straight away and have a healthy pregnancy this new baby would have a years care, no-one can plan more than a year ahead in this day and age.

The baby's mum might fall pregnant at the same time as you ;)

Have fun making baby snuffle x