PDA

View Full Version : Do we need the carbon copy?

BlondeMoment
20-05-2011, 04:36 PM
Hi there,
I've been using the NCMA medication and accident book. It has the from to fill in and a green carbon copy underneath to give to their parents. I find it a bit crap to be honest and I'm thinking of putting together my own version. Its expensive to keep it going as they won't just sell you the sheets you need, you have to buy another whole folder, most of which is never used as it is :angry: What I'm wondering is, do the parents actually need the carbon copy? As long as they've seen and signed the entry surely they don't need another piece of paper to cart home. I always make a note in their daily diary too

pinkbutterfly
20-05-2011, 04:59 PM
As far I as I know they should get a copy. When mine run out I will make my own and just fill it out twice and ask them to sign twice.

grindal
20-05-2011, 05:10 PM
I often find carbon copies of invoices, receipts and medical forms in my los learning journals! It is upto parents whether they keep them or not, but good practise to issue them.

Milli147
20-05-2011, 05:50 PM
I agree with you, most of the forms are a bit crap, I ran out of accident forms (sounds bad doesn't it) because of the way the folder was put together I hadn't realised I'd used the last one. I just wrote it all out and photocopied it, and got the parent to sign mine to say she had a copy.

Mollymop
20-05-2011, 06:17 PM
Yes the parents need a copy so that they have it to hand if in an emergency for example .little one has hit his head, mum gets your copy with time and date and what happened so she can let the emergency services, doctors etc know. The same with medication, parent needs to know the last time you administered.
You don't have to buy the whole folder from ncma, you can buy the accident incident forms with the medication forms, but they don't seperate the two.
I print my own accident forms now as they run out so quickly, I print two copies and get mum to sign both. I keep 1 and they keep the other.
I will continue to use their medication forms though because l like them and feel everything is covered by using them except no whereto put date meds were admin, so end up writing my own bits in! X