PDA

View Full Version : OMG first day..

Delly
29-04-2008, 11:51 AM
I have 3 today, my ds 17mth, H 16mth and W 9mth.

OMG what a morning it has been.. double buggy with buggy pod attached first time out, bearing in mind it too my dh nearly 4 hours to fit on sunday..colllapesd, managed to last about 10 mins for the steep walk uphill home. kept having to stop to repair it and finally got up my drive and the wheel fell off !!... luckily i managed to catch H....

Had lunch fine, kitchen floor a proper mess, yogurt up wall all over cupboards, bit like feeding at the zoo, but used to that so all cleaned up now and i can handle that.. .

And amazingly I have managed to get them all to sleep at the same time.. so I am sat here eating my lunch chilling out.. before the walk to school later..
have had to borrow a rucksack for W to go in, as will not be using buggypod again!! !!.. it will be going on ebay tonight.. !!

Talk about settling them in gently, nothing else can really go wrong today can it :panic:

Banana
29-04-2008, 11:53 AM
wow very manic lol!!

dont worry, its not always like that lol, just most days!!

Hope tomorrow is much calmer.

Tea break in order I think :D

xx

katickles
29-04-2008, 11:54 AM
Sounds to me like you have everything undercontrol & that your lunch & chill out time is well deserved!!!

Hope your afternoon & walk to school goes smoothly :)

son77
29-04-2008, 11:55 AM
Ha ha, welcome to the world of childminding!!!

Sounds like you are having lots of fun, its nice though when you get them all to sleep at the same time, you just don't want any of them to wake up though!

Sounds like you'll be needing an early night tonight too.

Twinkles
29-04-2008, 11:57 AM
Was going to say the same thing.
Welcome to the wonderful world of childminding !! :D

emler
29-04-2008, 11:58 AM
What a start lol!!! I hope you have an easier school run this afternoon. (and well done for getting them all to sleep at the same time) :thumbsup:

Emler x

sarah707
29-04-2008, 12:39 PM
Just wait until they wake up and one wants to go outside, one decides to spread toys all over the floor by tipping boxes and the other slips and falls on them all!

Sorry, that's my house! :laughing:

crazybones
29-04-2008, 12:56 PM
Just wait until they wake up and one wants to go outside, one decides to spread toys all over the floor by tipping boxes and the other slips and falls on them all!

Sorry, that's my house! :laughing:

And mine. :laughing: Will has just fell out of the back door in his eagerness to get to his lunch. He now has a big graze and an egg :rolleyes: At least its my own this time.

ma7ie
29-04-2008, 01:17 PM
Rather you than me Delly. You did better than I would have.:)

Annie_T
29-04-2008, 01:28 PM
hop e all goes well hun xx

squiggle
29-04-2008, 01:36 PM

OMG what a morning it has been.. double buggy with buggy pod attached first time out, bearing in mind it too my dh nearly 4 hours to fit on sunday..colllapesd, managed to last about 10 mins for the steep walk uphill home. kept having to stop to repair it and finally got up my drive and the wheel fell off !!... luckily i managed to catch H....

Had lunch fine, kitchen floor a proper mess, yogurt up wall all over cupboards, bit like feeding at the zoo, but used to that so all cleaned up now and i can handle that.. .

And amazingly I have managed to get them all to sleep at the same time.. so I am sat here eating my lunch chilling out.. before the walk to school later..
have had to borrow a rucksack for W to go in, as will not be using buggypod again!! !!.. it will be going on ebay tonight.. !!

Talk about settling them in gently, nothing else can really go wrong today can it :panic:

do you mean the wheel fell off your buggypod?? or did i read it wrong.

i have been using a buggy pod since last september and last week the bolt snapped which attaches the buggy pod to the attachment on the frame and my dd whacked her head on a brick wall!!! i will never use it again now as my poor dd had a huge lump and bruise. i'm just glad it didn't snap when i was on a busy main road and she fell into the road.

i'm waiting to hear from kiddicare as what they are going to do. i have demanded a refund.

Be careful xx

berkschick
29-04-2008, 03:20 PM

I have heard some awful stories about those buggy pods which is why I went for a triple buggy instead in the end!

Well done on coping so well, it honestly does get easier! 4 days a week I have 3 between 13 months and 19 months so I know how you feel! I have also managed to get them to all sleep 10.30am - 11.30am which is brill :thumbsup:

Delly
29-04-2008, 04:17 PM
do you mean the wheel fell off your buggypod?? or did i read it wrong.

i have been using a buggy pod since last september and last week the bolt snapped which attaches the buggy pod to the attachment on the frame and my dd whacked her head on a brick wall!!! i will never use it again now as my poor dd had a huge lump and bruise. i'm just glad it didn't snap when i was on a busy main road and she fell into the road.

i'm waiting to hear from kiddicare as what they are going to do. i have demanded a refund.

Be careful xx

the brackets kept moving all throughout journey, lifting the wheel up, I kept having to stop to readjust them, and they were fitted correctly orginally, but when weight of child on it was starting to make it buckle - i felt it was going to snap at any point though and she was sat leaning over loads..

then when I pulled onto my drive and parked up at door the wheel just flipped off, it happened so fast not sure how but she lunged forward and luckliy i managed to grab her.

Stress or what !!. blimey.. I didn't use this afternoon on school run, I borrowed a backpack and put her in that, I now feel like I have done 10 rounds with tyson every part of me aches!!...

Anyhow going to order a triple buggy on line now but earliest delivery is next tuesday, so will have to manage with backpack till then.. should help with weight loss on the a brighter note... lol ..:laughing:

So dangerous, think everyone should be told about them now !!!

Alibali
29-04-2008, 06:00 PM
by the end of next week it'll be easy! You'll have them all in a routine, and get them all sleeping at the same time which will give you time for the forum!:)

Ali xx

angeldelight
30-04-2008, 07:40 AM
Hope today is calmer

Angel xx

ruby
30-04-2008, 08:52 AM
hope you have a calmer day to day

we were thinking about getting a buggy pod but decided against it

so glad we did now after reading yours and jen problems

cathy