PDA

View Full Version : Anti Escape System

Carol M
20-05-2011, 11:31 AM
I have just got one of these
www.5pointplus.com
Seems safer than the Houdini stop as doesn't alter fixing of the seat belt.
totally baffled my 19mth escapee today. She stayed put in her carseat a treat!
Carol xx

flowerpots
20-05-2011, 11:39 AM
oh, ive got one who like to escape, didnt know there was such a thing as this. thank you for the link. :D

Louise0208
20-05-2011, 11:39 AM
i need one of those for my daughter! shes a real nightmare! :angry:

Ripeberry
20-05-2011, 11:55 AM
Thanks for the link, I've put in a pre-order for the 2.5yr old one.
My mindee J is a real Houdini. His parents have resorted to getting a 'shelf' that fits on the carseat and basically jams him in the seat :eek:

He is also adept at opening the buckle and is a real nightmare :(
I have comprimised by putting a piece of garden velcro (the prickly bit) onto the red button and it is superglued on.

It means that if he pushes on it, his fingers are too soft to push hard enough to open the buckle,he just goes "Oww" due to the prickles. But thick skinned adult fingers can :thumbsup:

alwaysright
20-05-2011, 04:16 PM
ive just spent ages looking at this trying to figure out exactly what i was looking at, iyswim....didnt realise it was the extra padding on the straps. i have a vw sharan with seats that change firstly into boosters then you pull a flap and they change into 9mths to 4 years seats and these are already on them, often wondered why :laughing:

alwaysright
20-05-2011, 08:54 PM
ignore my last post, must be friday or something :laughing: just had another look and i was totally wrong, i didnt see the actual harness thing!!

onceinabluemoon
21-05-2011, 06:28 AM
That looks like a good idea.

Had no idea the chest clips were illegal though, good thing I never got around to fixing mine on!!

loocyloo
22-05-2011, 12:16 PM
what a clever, simple idea!

thank you for sharing!