PDA

View Full Version : COCA COLA CAKE

angeldelight
20-05-2011, 10:39 AM
I have tried this and its yummy - I have not made it yet though

Cola in the frosting and the cake, and it is absolutely delicious. Delight and amaze the kids with this super cake!

Ingredients:

2 cups s r flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 cups granulated sugar
1 cup butter or margarine
3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
8 ounces cola (1 cup)
1 1/2 cups miniature marshmallows
2 teaspoons vanilla
1/2 cup buttermilk
2 eggs, beaten
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 cup chopped walnuts, optional
Icing:
1/2 cup butter, softened
3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
1 pound icing sugar
6 to 7 tablespoons cola
1 cup chopped walnuts optional

Cup = a normal mug size full to the top

Preparation:

Combine the flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar in a large mixing bowl. Combine 1 cup butter, 3 tablespoons cocoa powder, and 1 cup cola in a saucepan; bring to a boil. Remove from heat and add marshmallows and vanilla, stirring until marshmallows are melted. Pour mixture over dry ingredients and blend in well. Add the buttermilk, beaten eggs, baking soda, and walnuts, if using. Beat well. Bake in a greased and floured 13x9-inch baking pan at 350° for 30 to 35 minutes, until the cake bounces back when lightly touched near the center.

Make icing: blend softened butter with 3 tablespoons cocoa powder, confectioners' sugar, and 6 to 7 tablespoons of cola. Beat ingredients until smooth and creamy; spread on cooled cake. If desired, sprinkle finely chopped walnutsover the top.

Enjoy

Angel xx

FussyElmo
20-05-2011, 10:42 AM
Mmmmm just been looking at some cola cupcakes - might just have to have a go :)

Trouble
20-05-2011, 06:52 PM
Now youve started something!!!!!:D :D :D

Debbieanne
23-07-2011, 10:30 PM
Have you seen diet coke chicken on utube...look it up its a slimming worlds recipe.

Greengrass74
24-07-2011, 06:42 AM
We always cook our ham in coke a cola at Xmas, :thumbsup: it is absolutley delicious. It needs to be normal coke not diet.

dhacking45
11-11-2011, 01:21 PM
My grandmother used to make this cake YEARS ago, and I was soooo thrilled to find it on this website. There are many different versions but this one is the one she used, as it calls for marshmallows. It is soooo moist and the icing is like fudge so the kids love it as much as the adults. I buy the square cake pans with the plastic lids and cut the recipe in half when I only need part and I freeze the other half. It freezes beautifully. I hope you enjoy it as much as my family and I do.

Tink
11-11-2011, 02:20 PM
Sounds nice but I am allergic to Caffeine :(

Carolh
11-11-2011, 04:50 PM
Sounds amazing, cant wait to try it out over the weekend !