PDA

View Full Version : SEF

Mrs M
20-05-2011, 09:30 AM
I had my inspection yesterday. My inspector was very nice with me, interacted lovely with the children and remained totally professional. I enjoyed the experience and so did the children.
She was referring to my SEF constantly during our chatting session and although I thought that my SEF was well written, she did say that I hadn't sold myself enough and that I hadn't mentioned many of the improvements I'd made within my home etc. Had I mentioned these things in my SEF, she wouldn't have had to ask me so many questions. So my advice is to include absolutely everything in your SEF. Let it flow too as she said mine was full of statements. I did grade myself as outstanding so prior to her visit, she knew she was visiting someone who thought of herself as outstanding! So whatever you grade yourself, be prepared to tell her why you think that and to be able to have things to back this up and defend yourself.

Ripeberry
20-05-2011, 10:16 AM
Thanks for the tips :thumbsup: I had my inspection in March 2010 and I've still not updated my SEF, can't find the password :(

miffy
22-05-2011, 02:23 PM
Thanks for the feedback.

I agree with you about being prepared to talk to the inspector about why you think you should be whatever grade you've given yourself and to back it up with examples. Be confident even if you don't feel it!

Miffy xx

sarah707
22-05-2011, 02:36 PM
You are right Mrs M you must use your SEF to sell yourself.

You have one chance, for a few hours every 3 years to really show how wonderful you are...

Your SEF extends that because the inspector can read it at home and get an idea about you and your provision before s/he comes. :D