PDA

View Full Version : Problems at the park

JCrakers
20-05-2011, 08:51 AM
Hi,

I am very lucky (or not..lol) to be living right next to a large green area that 2yrs ago the council built a sandpit with two bouncy play seesaws and a hut with a sand pourer.
The kids love it..we take buckets and spades etc and its really nice to be so close to home for toilets etc.
The council have been realy good at raking it over daily and removing the little rubbish that accumilates.
But...the problem we have is (and it was quite bad yesterday and we went straight home) is that the cats use it as a toilet. :panic:
The chap who rakes it over doesnt have time to check all the sand as cats dig and bury.
Because its right in the middle of a newish housing estate with no main roads there are a lot of cats...I have two :blush:

I rang the council as we obviously cant use the park which is a shame. The park has a fence to stop dogs/foxes etc but obviously cats can jump.
The prediciment I have is I dont know if my own cats use it :blush: But how do I stop them? I cant follow them round 24/7...cats are taught to use the litter tray when they are kitties and the sand park is basically a huge cat litter.
So if I take my complaint further to find out its my own two cats Im going to look like a bit of a fool....
But I cant think of a way to stop the cats (mine or anyone elses) from using it...The only thing is keep stop my cats from going out which I dont want to do :(
Shame that we cant use the park till its sorted.

Becky x

angeldelight
20-05-2011, 08:55 AM
This is the problem with sand pits

I bet its a great meeting place for all of the cats near you - your own included :laughing:

Can they not provide a cover of some sort - then when the man comes to rake it all he can remove it and put it back later ?

I think if you are going to complain they are not going to sit and watch where all the cats go so they are not going to know 2 belong to you are they ?

Angel xx

JCrakers
20-05-2011, 09:03 AM
the cats all bring backpacks and picnics....:D

Game of cards...visit the loo and then they're off

I did think of a cover....might be a good idea if they agree (more work for them though which they wont be overjoyed with)

angeldelight
20-05-2011, 09:05 AM
the cats all bring backpacks and picnics....:D

Game of cards...visit the loo and then they're off

I did think of a cover....might be a good idea if they agree (more work for them though which they wont be overjoyed with)

Yeah I thought that - they prob will moan at the extra work although its not hard is it ha

They cant provide something that cant be used though - thats unfair

Complain and get all your friends to do the same

Good luck keep us posted

Angel xx

kindredspirits
20-05-2011, 09:10 AM
i'd ask if the council would be happy to put in some cat repelling plants in order to help solve the problem.

angeldelight
20-05-2011, 09:11 AM
i'd ask if the council would be happy to put in some cat repelling plants in order to help solve the problem.

Do they work - I could do with some for my garden I think ha

Angel x

kindredspirits
20-05-2011, 09:46 AM
no idea but i have read that certain plants can be used to stop cats doing their business in your garden :huh:

Ripeberry
20-05-2011, 10:11 AM
no idea but i have read that certain plants can be used to stop cats doing their business in your garden :huh:

You can get plants called "Scaredy cat", they are about £3 each and they have a smell which is OK to us, but my cats run a mile from it.
My own cats used to poo in our veg garden, but now we have the plants dotted around and they don't mess there anymore :thumbsup:

the happy house
20-05-2011, 10:27 AM
The danger you have in complaining, is that they could see it as a health and safety risk, and therefore get rid of the sandpit altogether. With all the cuts that are going on it's unlikely they'll provide a cover.

angeldelight
20-05-2011, 10:32 AM
You can get plants called "Scaredy cat", they are about £3 each and they have a smell which is OK to us, but my cats run a mile from it.
My own cats used to poo in our veg garden, but now we have the plants dotted around and they don't mess there anymore :thumbsup:

Thanks I will look out for that

Angel xx

angeldelight
20-05-2011, 10:33 AM
The danger you have in complaining, is that they could see it as a health and safety risk, and therefore get rid of the sandpit altogether. With all the cuts that are going on it's unlikely they'll provide a cover.

Thats very true

Seems you cant win ha ha

Angel xx

JCrakers
20-05-2011, 11:24 AM
I'll ask about the cover and aso tell them about the plants.

Looks like its probably gonna be no sandpit or catpoo sandcastles..
Wonder what Ofsted will do if I took a pic and popped in in my folder under creative dev...lol

Becky x