PDA

View Full Version : Power cut, fish worm and DD's sore throat

Ripeberry
19-05-2011, 07:56 PM
What a day! Started off OK, went shopping, got myself a nice piece of fresh mackerel for lunch and got some more toys for the garden.

Planted the mini sweetcorn and by 12.30pm, put the oven on for the fish and put it in at 12.45pm.

Then the electricity goes off and in the end stayed off for over 2hrs! The fish had only cooked for about 10 mins and I unwrapped it from it's foil parcel and there was a dead 'fish' worm on top of it :eek:
Yes, it was dead and yes if I had eaten it I would have been OK and not even noticed, but...........puts me off getting fresh whole fish again :panic:

Anyway, had a salad instead for lunch and then was gasping for a cup of tea, so got the camping stove out and the whistling kettle and had a brew.

Left to collect my girls and the two mindees and by the time we got in the power was back on...hoorah! So I could at least make tea.
But my poor DD1 had a very bad sore throat, so gave her some Calpol and she slept the rest of the afternoon.

Hoping for a quieter day tomorrow :rolleyes:

Louise0208
19-05-2011, 07:57 PM
.....i feel sick :(

Trouble
19-05-2011, 08:00 PM
Im pleased i have an allergy to fish :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

sarah707
19-05-2011, 08:04 PM
I love fish but wouldn't be happy to see a worm :panic:

I hope dd is feeling better tomorrow x

Ripeberry
19-05-2011, 08:05 PM
I normally love fish, but it's always either Tuna steak, Salmon fillet or smoked mackerel (smoke the nasties out!).

I'm just glad it was not wriggling, I would have nightmares :panic: :eek:

Ripeberry
19-05-2011, 08:07 PM
I love fish but wouldn't be happy to see a worm :panic:

I hope dd is feeling better tomorrow x

DD, is a bite better but it looks like she has tonsilitus (sp?) so I may keep her off school tomorrow.
Poor love kept flinching when she tried to swallow. Got DH to get some of that special numbing spray for the throat, but it just seems to numb her tongue instead.

The Juggler
19-05-2011, 08:41 PM
oh poor dd. hope she is better soon. my dd suffers badly with it:(

yukky to the worm:eek: :eek: