PDA

View Full Version : HELP PORTFOLIO?!?

sarah sunflower
19-05-2011, 05:20 PM
can someone please tell me what folders am i meant to have to be able to show Ofsted?!

Each child has their learning journals
then I have a Risk assessment folder
But what about planning? and activities? should I have a separate folder for planning then a a-z of activities? or do they go in the same one?! ahhhhh!!!

Also I put individual planning in each child's learning journal, yes?

do I need any other files of evidence!!

read soooo many posts that I have now confused myself of what files I need!!!

thanks in advance

Louise0208
19-05-2011, 05:51 PM
no idea but id like to know too.

i have just took on 3 under 5s this week so need to know all this, all my others were schoolies so didnt need to bother :o

sarah707
19-05-2011, 06:45 PM
It's up to you ... the most important thing is that you use the few hours the inspector is in your house to sell yourself!

Make sure everything is set out so the inspector can find whatever she needs easily.

My files are labelled... my daily file, portfolio, policies and procedures, healthy eating, risk assessments, group planning, learning journeys etc.

I put children's individual planning in their LJs and anything for the group in my group planning file... it works for me but it might not for you.

Hth :D

sarah sunflower
19-05-2011, 08:23 PM
Thank you!

That really helps.

Now silly question number two what goes in you own portfolio?

Very new to all of this! Think I may invest in some e books! :)
Xx

sarah707
19-05-2011, 08:31 PM
I am nearly finished writing one about my portfolio... so you might want to wait a few weeks :laughing:

My portfolio is the selling point of my business. It contains all the information I have put together over the last 18 years about what I do, how I work etc.

It's an ever evolving document, added to constantly as new things happen and I change the ways I do things.

It links in with my welcome booklet as well so the 2 go side by side and parents can see at a glance how I work.

It includes everything from a copy of my registration certificate to information about courses I have attended to our healthy eating ethos... everything you can think of that shows what a great childminder you are.

Hth :D

sarah sunflower
19-05-2011, 09:16 PM
I shall wait a few weeks and then go on a spending spree!! :) it will be money well spent! :)

Thank you! I will have a go at sorting then but your e book.

Let me know when it's ready xx