PDA

View Full Version : CRB Help - when own child turns 16

Mouse
19-05-2011, 10:52 AM
My son turned 16 and Ofsted sent out some forms for me to complete, which I did.

I have now received a second set of forms - an application for a CRB and an identity verification form. I'm sure the forms are different to the ones I had when my older son turned 16 a couple of years ago.
Back then, I could verify his identity (as his parent) & didn't have to show passport etc. The form now is saying he has to have his identity verified by someone who is not related. Is this right? Has it changed since I did the last one?

pinkbutterfly
19-05-2011, 10:57 AM
That's the case now ... that what we had to do for my stepdaughter's CRB. You can ask a fellow childminder who knows you and him.

Mouse
20-05-2011, 01:06 PM
Thank you. I just wanted to make sure they'd sent me the correct forms!

sarah707
20-05-2011, 01:17 PM
DD thought it was hilarious that she had to apply for the post of 'daughter of childminder' :laughing:

I was able to authorise her passport and other details though so I'd double check that one :D

PixiePetal
20-05-2011, 01:26 PM
my DD was 16 a year ago and I had the new forms to verify her :rolleyes: had a nurse friend to do it - had to be someone from a list of jobs/titles like with a passport