PDA

View Full Version : Antibacterial sprays and babies....

venus89
29-04-2008, 07:10 AM
Yesterday baby J came to me with a streaming cold and my husband turned around and asked me what I do to stop the germs passing onto baby A via the toys. Now, obviously I clean the toys but I've realised that a lot of my cleaning involves antibacterial sprays. Generally I steer well clear of cleaning fluids but I do use antibac religiously in many parts of our home.

How will OFSTED feel about this? Is it OK to use it on toys the kids put in their mouths? Can I use it on changing mats after nappy changing (the mums each provide their own changing mats so I generally just wipe down with a baby wipe after unless we've actually got anything on it). And is it ok to use antibac on the cot mattress?

Pipsqueak
29-04-2008, 07:15 AM
See posts made by Man in A White Coat for lots of information on anti-bac. Many of us have stopped using anti-bac products!!! But each to their own though.

If you use the search facility at the top of the page (advanced feature)
and this is his website
http://www.toyguard.co.uk/

He has given some great advice!

venus89
29-04-2008, 07:16 AM
Actually I ought to add to that.....

I use the antibac on the highchair at the end of the working day after baby has gone, or used chair for the last time that day. On cot at the end of the week. I don't use it when the kids are just about to get in them!

venus89
29-04-2008, 07:17 AM
Thanks pipsqueak, I'll take a look at that. x